🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Why is my new employer still interviewing oth...
Page options
f1fae741
Community Member

Why is my new employer still interviewing other candidates for the same position I’ve been offered?

Yesterday I had an interview with a possible client, the interview was with the whole Management team and they all asked a lot of questions, everything was ok.

The interview turned casual and very light after like an hour and the CEO admitted he'd love to have me onboard and will have his assistant send me the offer, but today when I'm following up on some contracts I see the recruiter sent 3 more invitations to job interviews. 

Well well well, I must admit I like when companies are more upfront but anyways, has anyone gone through this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8467c28e
Community Member

It's not uncommon for companies to continue to interview other candidates even after they have extended a job offer to someone. There could be a variety of reasons for this.

First, the company may be exploring their options and trying to find the best fit for the role. Just because they extended an offer to you doesn't necessarily mean that they've found the perfect candidate. They may want to compare you to other candidates to make sure they're making the right choice.

Second, the company may have multiple open positions for the same role, or they may be considering you for a different role than the other candidates they're interviewing.

Third, the company may be using the other interviews as a backup in case you decide not to accept the offer. It's not uncommon for candidates to decline job offers, so companies may be proactive in continuing to interview other candidates as a safety net.

Overall, it's important to remember that a company's decision to interview other candidates does not necessarily reflect negatively on you or your candidacy. It's important to focus on your own qualifications and skills, and to make the best decision for yourself if and when an offer is extended.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
allpurposewriter
Community Member

I take it this is an Upwork client. In that case, I would say that the Internet has created unethical loopholes that the average macaroon finds irresistible. What you can do on the Internet is hide, be someone else, ignore people trying to contact you, lie about your location, etc. Reinvent yourself -- it's the Internet. But that's kind of a company answer; I might be barking up the wrong tree -- Arrph.

df602768
Community Member

Maybe the client wanted to get a free consultation. 

Community Member

It's not unusual for a client to hire more than one freelancer for a gig.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Gissel, it's not uncommon for clients to pick Freelancers minds for free and then hire the cheapest person they can locate and then give them your ideas to implement. I stopped this by charging a $200 one hour fee to talk, problem solved and my sales greatly increased. Have a great day!

keenwebdesigns
Community Member

My mother always told me that even after you are "hired" you should still treat your first work days as an inteview. As someone who has done hiring myself it's also important to explore options because some people who are recently hired could accept other job offers if they have been looking and find another job that they like. It's also possible that they are hiring more than one. No matter what the reason may be I would just stick to doing the best job that I can for the position that they hired me for rather than worry about more people being interviewed.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Why is my new employer still interviewing other candidates for the same position I’ve been offered?"

Who cares?

As a client, I have hired over 180 freelancers.

I always post jobs stating that I'm hiring "one freelancer."

But I regularly hire more than one frdeelancer for the same position.

If I hire you, then my contract is between the two of us.

If I hire 10 other people to do EXACTLY THE SAME TASK, then that has nothing to do with you.

8467c28e
Community Member

It's not uncommon for companies to continue to interview other candidates even after they have extended a job offer to someone. There could be a variety of reasons for this.

First, the company may be exploring their options and trying to find the best fit for the role. Just because they extended an offer to you doesn't necessarily mean that they've found the perfect candidate. They may want to compare you to other candidates to make sure they're making the right choice.

Second, the company may have multiple open positions for the same role, or they may be considering you for a different role than the other candidates they're interviewing.

Third, the company may be using the other interviews as a backup in case you decide not to accept the offer. It's not uncommon for candidates to decline job offers, so companies may be proactive in continuing to interview other candidates as a safety net.

Overall, it's important to remember that a company's decision to interview other candidates does not necessarily reflect negatively on you or your candidacy. It's important to focus on your own qualifications and skills, and to make the best decision for yourself if and when an offer is extended.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths