cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will colored hair be too unprofessional?

Aidan C Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
1 of 63

I've been thinking about dying my hair silver, but I don't want it to impact me negatively. I'm a fiction writer/multmedia artist. What are some opinions on the matter? Could it possibly make me stand out in a positive or negative way? 

Especially if I get a more professional picture taken? 

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
2 of 63

It's spelled "dyeing"

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
3 of 63

Thanks for the helpful reply, my question was answered and now I'll have a better idea of what direction I'll go in. 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 63

Looking at it from my - older - perspective, I can't imagine why anyone would want to dye their hair silver - nature has a way of doing it for you.

I don't really see why it should negatively impact your profile. I suppose if I were a client, I would simply assume (If I even noticed) that you had gone prematurely grey! Smiley Tongue

5 of 63

Just because I'm young, and I personally enjoy the color. As a client, I've never had a problem with hiring odd people, but I think I'm too biased to form an opinion on it. I haven't found any information online about it, so I figured I'd ask the forum.

Thanks for the honest and constructive answer. (For real).

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
6 of 63

More seriously, I don't see why it should have a negative effect. There are some very successful freelancers on Elance and here who have coloured hair. You're a fiction writer, so nobody expects you to look like the operating vice-president of the accounts department.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
7 of 63

I dig it!  Creative people should express themselves creatively.  

How else do you spot the truly creative people?

8 of 63

Thank you for your insight, it's appreciated. (For real).

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
9 of 63

@Daniel C wrote:

Just a wild guess: from the quality of the work they display?

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
10 of 63

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

@Daniel C wrote:

Just a wild guess: from the quality of the work they display?

I meant in the wild.  ;-)

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS