🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Will the World Economy Avoid a Recession ...
Page options
williamtcooper
Community Member

Will the World Economy Avoid a Recession during 2023?

Can we avoid a worldwide recession during 2023? Why or why not?

I have seen a large influx of businesses that have been affected since June 2022 with slower sales.

I have noticed more Freelancers commenting on more competition.

What are your thoughts and what have your observed?

Please use any downtime to increase your Skills - it will pay off in 2024!

tech149.jpg

70 REPLIES 70
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear William

There are two modes of Work Environment & Culture:

Manually ( Real ) & Artificially ( Virtual ). The Modern Work Environment, is more Machine than Manual. The Modern Work Culture is transforming to the Movie "Matrix", in which Manuals ( Humans ) are in Machines ( Computers ).

Hence, Recession will affect Manual Work Culture.

The Virtual Work Culture continues.

Hope everything got Summarized above.

Regards

R Roy

Hey RR, what is interesting in the USA is that the Virtual or professional talent is getting laid off and there isn't enough Manual talent - just the opposite. Will be interesting to see if other countries have various views. Have a great day!

Romel R wrote:

Dear William

Hence, Recession will affect Manual Work Culture.

The Virtual Work Culture continues.

Are you an economist expert ? 

It does not makes sense.

Interest rates hiking so revenues everywhere trumbles.

Banks are collapsing, people put their money in a more safety assets like gold & Property.

Wht's a virtual vs manual got into this ?

Community Member

It will be almost impossible to avoid it. The Ukrain war looks like it may last for many years and some more conflicts are getting ready to start in upcoming years.

USA and China want to fight each other and their actions and policies will keep uncertainty.

Almost all economies are under pressure and all currencies are performing badly which is giving push to dollar. High energy prices and inflation are becoming everyone's problems.

Hey Nabeel, great to hear from someone in Pakistan! Sounds like a recession is hitting your part of the world this year? Have a great weekend!

Its gonna hit the whole world. My country has same and worse problems but due to entirely different reasons.

What reasons are hitting your country?

Here are top 3 problems

1)- Instead of Russia, we got USA. The speed with which they made the decision to attack Afghanistan without thnking anything through, was also present when they decided to leave Afghanistan.

2 )- The roof of the world is melting and it will create big problems for every country and existential poblems for few countries except Greenland and Iceland, but right now, its only doing it for us. 35 millions became homeless and all their belongings and crops went away with flood. This also contributed to food security in the country.

3)- People have personality cult issues so that one personality wants to have it all without any supervision and judgement.

Yes I have seen in the international news about the flooding in Pakistan. Where I live we had a hurricane that flooded large areas causing $10s billions in damage. Scary to say the least living in it.

It is quite troubling and scary that number of natural disasters is increasing every year along with intensity and scope.

I think everyone should get used to it because the climate will continue to change as it always has. 10,000 years ago the northpole was a tropic forest. Just look at all the fossils records. Siberia alone has millions of elephant fossils.

Yes, the world has seen many changes in 2 billion years and 2 million years after humans but this doesn't look the case this time. Humans didn't heat up the world or poke holes in ozone layer or melt the arctic and antarctic circles in 2/3 millions years history but they did all of that in last 100 years. The damage of just 30 years is more than whole human history combined.

I wonder that in many ways that the earth by default is just going back to it's normal state which is warmer with no polar caps. Of course people shouldn't pollute and be good stewards of the earth. More good stewardship education needs to occur.

I don't think its going back. But if it goes back, humans and all living things won't survive that. Extreme heat waves and cold waves will eliminate most of people way before that decision. Nature have its whole ecosystem which is result of at least millions of years. It took hundreds of thousands of years for glaciers to form which are important part of earth climate. Just melting of glaciers and poles will erase more than 100 most populated cities on earth. Then comes melting of hydrocarbons in oceans. New Viruses lying in wait to come out are due to destruction of natural ecosystems. Filo viruses can do way more damage than corona family and people will forget covid if some product of Filo viruses comes.

There is very old saying that God forgives, nature does not. So belief of everyone that science will be able to save us at last time won't work if we don't give it at least the required time.

What if the earth is only 15,000 to 20,000 years old not billions of years, it was a comet full of ice that hit the planet, and now the planet is in the process of melting the ice?

Some civilizations and remains are discovered as old as 3.3 million years ago. But I like idea of 10-20 k years for humans only. Who knows chemistry changed and same carbon dating rules can't be applied at 3k BCE and 3 million BCE. But, nature or climate isn't gonna erase humanity, it will include magic, aliens, beasts and at the end a buzzer of timeout. Thats something Islam, Christianity, Judaism all believe and agree on.

Yes, it is something generally speaking most in Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe. Isn't it interesting that no human tools or records on the whole planet are more than 15,000 years old. Did you know that around 10,000 to 15,000 years ago the United States had camels, tigers and elephants? Something obviously changed.

Yes, thats why I like idea but I have seen the ruins myself. Its multiple and all around the world.

I only learned about tigers, elephants, and other animals in United States when I watched LA Brea series 🙂

I like LA Brea. It's a fun series!

Haven't watched second season yet

What countries have you seen which various types of fossils?

Just my country and those are around Taxila only

William T C wrote:

Yes, it is something generally speaking most in Islam, Judaism and Christianity believe. Isn't it interesting that no human tools or records on the whole planet are more than 15,000 years old. Did you know that around 10,000 to 15,000 years ago the United States had camels, tigers and elephants? Something obviously changed.

The oldest human tools have been dated to between 2-3 million years old. I don't know where you're gettting your ideas about paleanthropology but you should examine your sources. 

My ideas come from the actual paleanthropolgic digs on site and an understanding of the mathmatics and science behind spectrum of approaches to dating from numerical age methods, calibrated age methods, relative age methods, and methods involving stratigraphic correlation, and a big dose of common sense 🙂

My goodness William you do get around and at such a young age too. A paleoanthropology expert (who seems to refute chronological evidence) doing the rounds at digs, a mathematical whizz ,and a missionary in Latin-America - such skills - I'm in awe ...

There is whole process that goes into formation of glaciers and science of why and where. Some glaciers in antarctica are million years old.

Earth age is about 4.5 and about 2 billion years ago, cells with nucleus came. 2 or 3 million years is old stone age and many civilizations have been discovered from that era including Soan civilization in my country and few more in neighbouring countries.

[In light of clarification]

I  can't think where you got this misleading information from. Ten thousand years ago the North Pole may have been inhabited. Opinion as to when and if the North Pole was tropical varies, but it goes back about 55 million years, from findings made about 1000 feet under the Arctic Ocean's floor by bona fide scientists, who do not confine their studies only to the Arctic. 

Here are a couple of links that readers of this thread might like to read for better information: https://www.purdue.edu/uns/html4ever/2006/060531.Huber.northpole.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Moran 

You're missing a few zeroes there. Try 50-60 million years, not 10,000. 

Nabeel A wrote:

Its gonna hit the whole world. 

Don't say that if you are not an economist expert. 

Natural disaster is from god, but economic disaster are from human.

I am sorry about your natural disaster, please pray more often to god.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Why do you keep posting enormous photos of yourself every time you start a thread? Do you see anybody else in the forum doing this?

Dear Christine

This is indeed a nice correction. 

Even for everybody too.

Regards

R Roy

87d5677d
Community Member

Dear William 

This is really a interesting Case to study & predict the Recession. USA the Technologically developed country has done Virtual Employees lay offs & added value to the definition of Recession.

Recession can be defined as Nothing but, The Cost Maintanance of Service Sectors, due to larger Accumulation of Masses, Either Manual or, Virtual.

Regards

R Roy

A recession in the USA is typically defined as two negative back to back quarters of GDP. However, no doubt different countries have their own ideas. It keeps things interesting.

Dear William

Could would kindly brief it "two negative back to back....." the analysis.

Hope it tallys with other nations.

Regards

Negative GDP - in simple terms it's an economy that is contracting. In the USA, a 5% contraction for example would be very painful causing millions of people to lose their jobs and millions more working for lower wages barely making ends met.

Dear William

The GDP predictions is a on going process for ups & downs in Markets. GDP depends upon how you Utilize the Natural Resources & trade Export & Import. This is indeed a long discussion. Every country goes through these Civilizations.

Thanks

R Roy

Hey Roy, so far this year the USA stock market is up on the hopes that the Federal Reserve will stop increasing interest rates soon. I hope this is the case so the world economy has a chance of recovering.

Dear William

Let us hope for the Best for, the Economic rises & developments. Kindly, share some more interesting topics for all, to discuss.

Let other fellow participate too.

Thank you so much for your's responses.

Regards

R Roy

Latest Articles
Learning Paths