Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows broke my webcam

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
31 of 33

Reinier B wrote:

All my issues with Windows stopped when I stopped updating Windows. My Win 7 PC has not had as much as a glitch since I turned off automatic updates three years ago, and my Win 10 laptop has been running perfectly for the past 2years since I reset it, and then disconnected it from the Internet. 

According to Microsoft Tech Support, they have no idea when Win 10 will become a fully functional oprtaing system, as opposed to being an experiment, but until that time comes, I won't endure another Win 10 infection.  

I don't do automatic updates on Windows 7 either, but if you get too far behind, Microsoft will force it. I went 6 months once and woke up to a forced update. That has happened to me 2-3 times.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
32 of 33

Jennifer M wrote:

Reinier B wrote:

All my issues with Windows stopped when I stopped updating Windows. My Win 7 PC has not had as much as a glitch since I turned off automatic updates three years ago, and my Win 10 laptop has been running perfectly for the past 2years since I reset it, and then disconnected it from the Internet. 

According to Microsoft Tech Support, they have no idea when Win 10 will become a fully functional oprtaing system, as opposed to being an experiment, but until that time comes, I won't endure another Win 10 infection.  

I don't do automatic updates on Windows 7 either, but if you get too far behind, Microsoft will force it. I went 6 months once and woke up to a forced update. That has happened to me 2-3 times.

I must admit that I did not know Microsoft could force Win 7 updates. I have not updated anything on my Win 7 pc for a couple of years now, and I have not seen any forced updates. Maybe Microsoft just does not care about their African market? 

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
33 of 33

I had Win 7 and was forced to update to 10 - a permanent regret - and everything was mucked up. I had to buy a new printer and camera and my Word/office program was contaminated. I loathe Cortana (as well as the stupid name) and "Edge". 

And then, a couple of months ago, I kept refusing to update and my PC crashed, so money was spent on getting it to go again. (No files lost this time TG). 

That said - it is eight years old and still sort of functional. Like Wendy I am debating a Mac. I had an old Mac laptop that died the death and I still mourn it (I also mourn my old XP). 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS