🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Work proof for applying for American Visa
Page options
michmima
Community Member

Work proof for applying for American Visa

Hello fellow freelancers! Robot Happy

I'm about to apply for my American visa renewal; this is the first time I'm doing it by myself as the previous times I was a minor and had my parents to go with me.

As it is my first time applying while working (and also as a freelancer) I'm not sure what can I use for job proof. Robot surprised

As a freelancer I am a full time job employee for a company in the US (which I don't think is good for a proof) and have had a lot of projects from people from all around the world. I was wondering if someone has had this issue before, I'm not sure what kind of format I can present to the embassy so they know I'm a worker in my country.

Any help? Robot Embarassed

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
arnanzo
Community Member

I'm not really sure about your situation but perhaps the certificate of earnings from upwork would be legit, it states that you work as a freelancer and how much you earn working through upwork

cupidmedia
Community Member

"As a freelancer I am a full time job employee for a company in the US" - if you mean Upwork here, then no, you're not. As a freelancer you are a full-time employee of yourself.

allergywriter
Community Member

If you are truly a full-time employee of a US company, they must give you a W-2 by Jan 31.

If you are working on upwork full-time as a freelancer, print out your certificate of earnings. A mortage company accepted it for me, so there is a good chance immigration will take it as well.

mgammal
Community Member

Dear Michelle,

I am interested to know if the Upwork Certificate of Earnings has worked in your case?

Thank you so much,

Gammal

Latest Articles
Learning Paths