Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Working online in foreign countries

Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
41 of 49

Oh, really? It seemed more like some far-fetched  story...Whatever.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
42 of 49

Before the mods zap this thread - give it a break and stop quarreling. Please ...

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
43 of 49

Cherry-picking.jpg

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
44 of 49

Interestingly enough, this topic (or one aspect of it) actually made the headlines today...

 

Given the fact that I don't own a cell phone and I don't travel, this doesn't impact me as much as it does some other people. Clearly some people feel strongly about the matter...

 

phones.png

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
45 of 49

@Preston H wrote:

Interestingly enough, this topic (or one aspect of it) actually made the headlines today...

 

Given the fact that I don't own a cell phone and I don't travel, this doesn't impact me as much as it does some other people. Clearly some people feel strongly about the matter...

 

phones.png


 Shocking!

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
46 of 49

@Ravindra B wrote:

@Preston H wrote:

Interestingly enough, this topic (or one aspect of it) actually made the headlines today...

 

Given the fact that I don't own a cell phone and I don't travel, this doesn't impact me as much as it does some other people. Clearly some people feel strongly about the matter...

 

phones.png


 Shocking!



 What is? Not owning a cell phone (I don't either), or having your cell phone searched when reentering your own country?

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
47 of 49

@Reinier B wrote:

@Ravindra B wrote:

@Preston H wrote:

Interestingly enough, this topic (or one aspect of it) actually made the headlines today...

 

Given the fact that I don't own a cell phone and I don't travel, this doesn't impact me as much as it does some other people. Clearly some people feel strongly about the matter...

 

phones.png


 Shocking!



 What is? Not owning a cell phone (I don't either), or having your cell phone searched when reentering your own country?


 

Both.

 

I detest cell phones, but there’s no getting away from them here.

 

Some banks and public utilities require us to have a cell phone.

 

I rarely carry one around, though.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Active Member
Jessica T Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
48 of 49

What about if that during the registration process, that my identification and address should be of the same country?

Moderator
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
49 of 49

Hi Jessica, 


I'm not sure I understand your question correctly. If you are asking if you need to have the same country on your profile, and during ID verification, the answer is yes. The information on your profile should be true information, and verifiable to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. 


-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS