Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working theory

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
1 of 4

Everyone I know working from home is day drinking and watching trash TV all day. My one friend who wears makeup to go to the grocery store doesn't even do her hair anymore.

I predict people are gonna think we just sit at home drinking, poop posting on internets, and watching TV and corgi videos all day. This just isn't tru....

oh wait.............

Have a Chihuahua video to throw them off the scent.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
2 of 4

Jennifer M wrote:

I predict people are gonna think we just sit at home drinking, poop posting on internets, and watching TV and corgi videos all day. 

Isn't this what they already think? (My mother certainly does...)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 4

I hear you! My extended la familia and friends think people pay me for not doing anything...apparently "she has such an easy job and gets to sit at home all day!" and then they moan when I won't just get off my azz and do stuff for them...cos...well...."but you're at home all day!"

But then, it's not a 'real' job, is it?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
4 of 4

Irene,

It actually can get worse. A management consultant guides his/her clients to understand underlying issues and ask the right questions, then identify the various drivers and levers that can be applied to the issues to meet goals. We do that by spending decades learning our craft, reading and studying close to half of our time, attending seminars and conferences, presenting papers, and talking to the clients.

The clients' attitude was summed up for me a few years ago. "Thanks for the conversation!"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS