🐈 Community
jutta_beinker

anyone fancy

writing a decent post explaining why your profile has been denied/rejected/not approved/errord that the poor subjects of such message can refer too instead of clogging the threads?

I've too much of a temper to do that....Cat Mad

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
11 REPLIES 11
st-leipzig

It's been explained in many threads, so I don't think it would make any difference.

People post new threads on pretty much any subject that has been discussed before...

probably trye as we're all too lazy to scroll or search..hng..ah well it's something to feel annoyed about.;-)

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "

@Jutta B wrote:

probably trye as we're all too lazy to scroll or search..hng..ah well it's something to feel annoyed about.;-)

Many of those people can barely read English.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

All of these threads, so similar in topic and content, should be aggressively and quickly consolidated. Some of the top forum participants should be granted limited administrative privileges, sufficient to consolidate threads.

jolash

@Preston.

RE:

-----------------------------

Some of the top forum participants should be granted limited administrative privileges, sufficient to consolidate threads.

-----------------------------

As a punishment , reward or both ? 🙂

Punishment, more like. Reward? Only if they get free training as forum moderators first.

just give the tops a block and delete authorty and the problem should be solved. or an autoresponse to anyone with the line profiel rejected etc poitning to the explaation and blocking any further comments..grrrrrrrrrr

I just don't bother with them, typically.

While it's certainly true that multiple threads rehash the same topics, I don't use the Upwork Community search feature at all because it returns relevant results so infrequently. If your experience is different, please share whatever special technique you use. My technique in a pinch is use google while specifying site:community.upwork.com

Yes, the search function on the forum is awful. I find it particularly useless whenever I know there was a thread an a particular topic a few weeks ago and search leaves me with the feeling that it's hiding the thread on purpose.

I also fail to understand the Content Corner...

We are working on an internal process that will automatically limit users whose profiles have not been accepted, from posting in the Community. We are hoping to have this developed very soon.

As for search in the forums, I use it frequently. I have noticed that If I dont apply filters I sometimes receive results from months ago. However, if I'm looking for a recent thread and I sort by date-most recent and location its pretty accurate. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 12.50.33 PM.png

Untitled
Upcoming Events