🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » calling all Brits
Page options
sandrawalker
Community Member

calling all Brits

Though I'm really appreciating the new 'UK based only' section, why oh why are so many potential British buyers reluctant to put down any holding funds? I've seen some really nice projects but, moving down to the 'payment verification' and finding it woefully unfilled, I move on straght away!

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@sandra w wrote:

Though I'm really appreciating the new 'UK based only' section, why oh why are so many potential British buyers reluctant to put down any holding funds? I've seen some really nice projects but, moving down to the 'payment verification' and finding it woefully unfilled, I move on straght away!

What a shortsighted strategy.

As long as a client verifies their payment method before you do any work, what is the problem!

Brits are, by nature, reluctant to commit their credit card details until they are ready to buy. It's in their nature.

One of my all time favourite contracts started before the client's payment method was verified. I guess I should be grateful to those people who dismissed this loveliest client out of hand because of a tiny detail.

I just 5 minutes ago submitted a $ 1500 milestone, the contract is running at nearly $ 25k

@Petra R wrote:

Brits are, by nature, reluctant to commit their credit card details until they are ready to buy. It's in their nature.

It's the climate, you see. Get your wallet/purse out too soon and it'll get rained on and spoiled.

Thanks so much for your opinion Petra

richard_wein
Community Member

sandra w wrote:

Grumpy old me is not appreciating the UK Only section at all. I've only seen a handful of UK Only jobs in my feed, and the most recent one is 11 days old. But these old unwanted jobs hang around at the front of my job feed like a bad smell. Every time I go to my job feed I see them yet again, as the UK Only list is the default, and I have to then switch to the full feed.

(Grump over.)

@Richard W wrote:

But these old unwanted jobs hang around at the front of my job feed like a bad smell

I think you meant bad penny.

@Baris A wrote:

@Richard W wrote:

But these old unwanted jobs hang around at the front of my job feed like a bad smell

I think you meant bad penny.

Or perhaps I meant that the UK Only feature has gone down like a lead zeppelin.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths