🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: email address open to sugestion
Page options
orcio
Community Member

email address open to sugestion

Hi!

In the luckiest small timeframe window, my wife registered a domain with her own full name (.com)

It was previously owned by a homonym, but not in use for the web. It is not clear if it was used for email (or anything else?)

Now, it sounds silly to create an email like anna at anaxyz.com , isn't it? Or is it ok to put your name at your fullname dot com?

Her business is Occupational Safety and Health

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

99% of people won't notice and/or won't care.

Think about it like this:

I know a person whose phone number* is 555-480-2231

What do you think about that person based on their phone number?
Do you think less of them? Or are you impressed by that phone number?

Another person I know lives at 2380 Elm Street?

How does that make you feel about them?

* Note: Not a real phone number.

It would be a massive troll if your first name was Freddy tho.

I would blink for a second lol

Wow, Pieter... That's kind of insidious. You pulled something nightmarish out of a genuinely unintentional random street name. You clearly watch too many movies.

LOL! Maybe I did...
But how can one not associate Elm street with one of the most iconic characters in horror from the 90s Smiley LOL 

astepanov83
Community Member

I'm neither good at ui/ux, nor good at web design. But I find it very useful, when a website has a feedback form, where I type in my email address, and a question/inquiry. Then I receive a reply via email, that I identify mainly by the subject. The exact email address means nothing. At max, I check the domain name only.
richard_wein
Community Member

Horacio C wrote:

Hi!

In the luckiest small timeframe window, my wife registered a domain with her own full name (.com)

It was previously owned by a homonym, but not in use for the web. It is not clear if it was used for email (or anything else?)

Now, it sounds silly to create an email like anna at anaxyz.com , isn't it? Or is it ok to put your name at your fullname dot com?

Her business is Occupational Safety and Health

Any suggestions?

I know what you mean. I chose mail@richardxxxx.com.

P.S. I found some useful discussion here:

https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/92867/what-should-my-personal-email-be-if-the-domain-name-alr...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths