Community Member

how to become Featured Contributor on upwork

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sohail,

Thanks for the question! We are using a certain set of criteria when selecting a featured contributor. We do look at users' activity in the Community forums as one of the principal factors. You can check the users whom we've featured thus far and stay tuned as we're going to announce our next featured contributor soon.  

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
renata101
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

But if you just want to get on one of the leaderboards, you should learn the art of complaining eloquently. 

florydev
Community Member

Sohail Z wrote:

By hard work or determination and not being entirely sober when they ask you if you would like to do it.

If you want the real answer I believe someone has to nominate you, probably several someones which means you probably need to impress a few community members around here so that they will do that.  

OR, it could be that nobody wants to do it and see it as a s*** deal and thus they nominate people they want to punish.  The previous guy who had it Michael was FEATCON for the entire time I had been on here.

But now that I have it I plan on being FEATCON for life.  In fact I have executed peasents for even intimating that they could achieve such a lofty position.

Mark F wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

By hard work or determination and not being entirely sober when they ask you if you would like to do it.

If you want the real answer I believe someone has to nominate you, probably several someones which means you probably need to impress a few community members around here so that they will do that.  

OR, it could be that nobody wants to do it and see it as a s*** deal and thus they nominate people they want to punish.  The previous guy who had it Michael was FEATCON for the entire time I had been on here.

But now that I have it I plan on being FEATCON for life.  In fact I have executed peasents for even intimating that they could achieve such a lofty position.

So I presume your threat to nominate me was a joke. Thank goodness. 

kbadeau
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

When I was a kid we had the Wizard of Id book The Peasants are Revolting and I said the Peas Aunts are revolting because I didn't know any better but it was a great mnemonic for spelling the word. 😉

florydev
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

id we had the Wizard of Id book The Peasants are Revolting and I said the Peas Aunts are revolting because I didn't know any better but it was a great mnemonic for spelling the word. 😉

You are lucky it wasn't pheasants.

Mark F wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

**bleep**, I knew it. Just wrote in a different post that you probably are unwilling to give up your crown. Rule on!

Pretty disappointing performance so far though, just 1 (one) new solution since you achieved the highest honor in the land? I expected more from a feat con. Much more. 

Martina P wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

**bleep**, I knew it. Just wrote in a different post that you probably are unwilling to give up your crown. Rule on!

Pretty disappointing performance so far though, just 1 (one) new solution since you achieved the highest honor in the land? I expected more from a feat con. Much more. 

Just noticed that my swear word was bleeped. Folks, it really wasn't that bad, I don't want you to think less of me. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sohail,

Thanks for the question! We are using a certain set of criteria when selecting a featured contributor. We do look at users' activity in the Community forums as one of the principal factors. You can check the users whom we've featured thus far and stay tuned as we're going to announce our next featured contributor soon.  

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Sohail,

Now I'm getting worried about Mark. What will he do without this badge of honor? Mark, are you ok?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sohail Z wrote:

It's probably how many kudos or solutions you achieve. 

lysis10
Community Member

Sohail Z wrote:

Gotta fight the current king in a pool of jello. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths