Community Member

how to get gift from upwork

26 REPLIES 26
prestonhunter
Community Member

I just gave you a kudo.

Consider it a gift.

Dear  Preston, I just want to ask a question of how can we get gifts from Upwork. Are there any terms or conditions which need to be satisfied to achieve such gifts?

because it is my dream to get a gift from Upwork.

wgt_angadbeer
Community Member

I have been working on upwork from few years now and have done work for more than 3000 hours but good to see people contributing to community. i am new to community but i believe community participation will surely help people to get gifts !!

Seeing that this is what is currently needed worldwide, I suggests facial masks to protect us from nasty viruses. Just like on the mugs, UPWORK should be printed in green and black letters.

How about that?

that's amazing

I want Upwork to send me a facial mask that says "Upwork  - Top Rated Freelancer", for the extra protection.

Juan C wrote:

I want Upwork to send me a facial mask that says "Upwork  - Top Rated Freelancer", for the extra protection.

Lol! You are onto a winner! 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sohail Z wrote:

Upwork asked me if I wanted to be the Featured Contributor, I said no, then they sent me a mug. That was nice. So I guess you just wait until Mark is ready to give up his crown - which is probably never, because he really really wanted it. 

I actually participated in a "special initiative" over the course of several months, at the request of Upwork.

The didn't send me nothin' .

Janean L wrote:

I actually participated in a "special initiative" over the course of several months, at the request of Upwork.

The didn't send me nothin' .

So it wasn't that special....

OK so times economically are a getting a bit scary but I have an ASSET. I have an Upwork mug. Question: Do I hang on to it a bit longer until it becomes vintage or do I resell on Ebay to the highest bidder? Or do I tempt newbies with this never-to-be-repeated offer? 

The mug is 5 cm thick and it is  designed to retain heat, to withstand shocks of all kinds, and  is in perfect condition -  just one occasional user. I will send pics to interested buyers. I will only look at bids from $1,000,000 and up - down payment of $500,000, which must go through Upwork, to ensure that we are all winners. Please do not send me checks. They will be binned and you will not receive this absolutely unique mug.  

Did I mention that  postage and packing are free once Upwork has cleared the business?  I will also guarantee a five-star feedback - public and private.  BUY NOW and avoid disappointment. 

Martina P wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

Upwork asked me if I wanted to be the Featured Contributor, I said no, then they sent me a mug.

You mean that Mark could have turned down the featcon gig and gotten a mug anyway? Ha! Sucker...

Christine A wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

Upwork asked me if I wanted to be the Featured Contributor, I said no, then they sent me a mug.

You mean that Mark could have turned down the featcon gig and gotten a mug anyway? Ha! Sucker...

Why would I turn it down?  I don't even use the mug!

Mark F wrote:

Christine A wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Sohail Z wrote:

Why would I turn it down?  I don't even use the mug!

This is the kind of bragging that is not becoming. I expected more from the feat con. 

roberty1y
Community Member

Talking about protecting yourself from Covid...an Upwork client face mask with "Buy cryptocurrency for me" should be sufficient to send people running in all directions. Next best thing to a leper's bell.

Robert Y wrote:

Talking about protecting yourself from Covid...an Upwork client face mask with "Buy cryptocurrency for me" should be sufficient to send people running in all directions. Next best thing to a leper's bell.

Unfortunately, it will also likely send some scurrying to the nearest crypto merchant to buy said cryptocurrency...

Jamie F wrote:

Robert Y wrote:

Unfortunately, it will also likely send some scurrying to the nearest crypto merchant to buy said cryptocurrency...

I'd like: "Help me, I can't buy cryptocurrency for reasons!" and then the "My account was suspended for no reason!", and finally, the "NO REASON!". 

Back to the original question:  I am sure, based on the origin of my previous swag, that there is a whole ship full of Upwork goodies from China sitting offshore in California.  When the logjam lifts, I predict Upwork gifts for all.

I also believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, so....

I totally get that, Mary. 

I've been waiting for my swag for a year, but I don't think it's an issue on Upwork's side, probably something to do with the local mail service. Or "mail" service.

They might be waiting a coconut with a message inside to float on the right shores of the right island. 😀:desert_island:🤪 It could take a while... But somehow, all the plastic waste from the sea finds this place fast enough. 😬

Mikko R wrote:

I totally get that, Mary. 

I've been waiting for my swag for a year, but I don't think it's an issue on Upwork's side, probably something to do with the local mail service. Or "mail" service.

They might be waiting a coconut with a message inside to float on the right shores of the right island. 😀:desert_island:🤪 It could take a while... But somehow, all the plastic waste from the sea finds this place fast enough. 😬

If upwork sent you a plastic water bottle, I'm afraid you'll have to get out to the beach to look for it....

I'd probably spot it from my beach office as long as I can assume to be Upwork green. That green is so far from coconut green that I can easily detect it. 🤪

Mikko R wrote:

I'd probably spot it from my beach office as long as I can assume to be Upwork green. That green is so far from coconut green that I can easily detect it. 🤪

Yep. Maybe it would be easier to carve the upwork logo into a coconut. I suspect you have done that already anyway.

Mary W wrote:

Back to the original question:  I am sure, based on the origin of my previous swag, that there is a whole ship full of Upwork goodies from China sitting offshore in California.  When the logjam lifts, I predict Upwork gifts for all.

I also believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, so....

Mary, I'll just drive up the coast and get mine and yours, okay?

I recently got some nice stuff:😊

2a05aa63_0-1638715989153.jpeg

Viacheslav K wrote:

I recently got some nice stuff:😊

2a05aa63_0-1638715989153.jpeg

Nice! What did you have to do for it?

Martina P wrote:

>Nice! What did you have to do for it?

They just emailed me and asked for my shirt size:

"Customer Service Week is an international celebration that recognizes the importance of customer service and of the people who serve and support customers on a daily basis.  In 1992, US Congress proclaimed that this week would be celebrated annually during the first full week in October.  

As we celebrate the Upwork agents that support you, we wanted to take a moment to thank you for being a valued member of our community!  This year, Upwork would like to offer you a small token of our appreciation by sending you a gift."

Latest Articles
Learning Paths