🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » how to make clients to read freelancer's prof...
Page options
ahoncharenko
Community Member

how to make clients to read freelancer's profile before sending an invitation?

Hi everyone,

I'm suprised that many clients don't pay their attention to what you wrote at your profile.

If you write your conditions about work you do at your profile it will absolutely doesn't matter to them.

They can find you at search and send you an invitation to their project. You check their project and find that you won't be able to do it and you've already wrote about it at your profile. Checking their invitations and replying them may take you a few minutes. However, it happens over and over again.

Regards,

Artem

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Artem,

When a freelancer submits a proposal or when clients are manually searching, they can access the profiles to review if the freelancer is qualified for the task they are looking to complete. However, clients are not obligated to review freelancer profiles if they prefer not to. Some clients rely on the proposal submitted, where mostly, freelancers would provide short and detailed information about why they should hire them. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

re: "how to make clients to read freelancer's profile before sending an invitation?"

I have hired a lot of artists on Upwork. I definitely don't read their profiles. I look at their portfolios.

renata101
Community Member

Artem G wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm suprised that many clients don't pay their attention to what you wrote at your profile.

If you write your conditions about work you do at your profile it will absolutely doesn't matter to them.

They can find you at search and send you an invitation to their project. You check their project and find that you won't be able to do it and you've already wrote about it at your profile. Checking their invitations and replying them may take you a few minutes. However, it happens over and over again.

Regards,

Artem

Hi Artem, 

I work as an editor. From a professional standpoint, I can tell you it's virtually impossible to make anyone read anything. It doesn't matter how big the font is or if your message is on something the size of a cargo ship; if they're not paying attention, they won't read it. 

Another piece of advice I'll give you for free is this: If you're finding this part of the experience particularly frustrating, I predict that your days as a freelancer will be long and painful indeed. 

prachi163
Community Member

*Somewhere, a client is looking for the answer to the below question.

How to make freelancers read the job post before sending a proposal?

The answer remains the same - You can't!

You can't make anyone do anything.

astepanov83
Community Member

Don't reply, just decline with any suitable reasons. If an invitation is sent twice, block the client.

Most people who have hired me have mentioned my feedback - not my profile. 

lysis10
Community Member

I always get asked "what is your rate?" I always wondered if they think I'll go lower or if they really don't read my rate.

I was once invited to apply for a job as the director of an online law school. I was pretty sure I'd run afoul of something if I went for it. (Unless, of course, they sent me a very large check to cover the cost of redecorating my office.) 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths