Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk bumper sticker makes me sad...

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
1 of 14

I thought I was grudgingly over the whole name change thing. Then today, I finally received my oDesk bumper sticker in the mail (was supposed to be posted couple of months ago)! 

Now it's just sitting there so useless, and I want to rip it into tiny little pieces Smiley Sad 

I just can't get used to telling people that they can hire me on "Upwork", Downwork, Bugwork or whatever other name it goes by these days. And clearly this relaunched site has gotten to me - a free sticker actually put a damper on my day! 

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 14

Isabelle, think of everyone who lost or discarded those. You have a collectible now. Cat Wink

3 of 14
Well that's a positive way of looking at it. I'm sure it will be priceless in a few years Smiley Wink
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 14

It might be on a par with a ticket stub for a Beatles concert. (in rarity, not value) Cat Wink

Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
5 of 14

Hi Isabelle,

Can you please upload a picture of the sticker? I didn't receive one and to be honest, I never knew we could get one....

iaabraham
Community Guru
6 of 14

Here you go. I received it for commenting on some Upwork FB post...

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 14
Isabelle, the value of the bumper sticker lies in the bittersweet story and photo you shared here in the forum.

Wait one week, and then shred the bumper sticker.

Me advice may sound stern to some, but it is the right course for your optimal peace of mind. You need to look forward, not back.
iaabraham
Community Guru
8 of 14
Lol thanks Preston. You're right, shredding is right way to go. And one week is long enough for me to really cherish my last moments with oDesk.
menikhildesai
Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
9 of 14

Thanks for uploading the image of the bumper sticker.

This particular hue of green as the oDesk background looks so very beautiful. It looks good on your Inspiron as well, why shred it?

iaabraham
Community Guru
10 of 14
I had nowhere else to stick as it's huge. But I'll have to remove it when I'm travelling & working, because it looks really odd and random on my laptop.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS