Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Freelancers" selling their wares

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
11 of 24

After reading this thread and I'm sure many others have read it, sitting back and waiting for the RFP Need a Ghostwriter to write an Ins and Outs book on how to work on Upwork.  Budget $25

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
12 of 24

Preston does have a point. Although, I'm not a massive fan of such books, I guess a guide book on the US, a book on making your own wine, and a book on photography all include info that anybody could find relatively easily on the internet by themselves... but people still buy them. I guess it's nice to have everything altogether on one place, rather than having to wade through the "I've just been paid today but I can't withdraw the money" or "please check my copied and pasted profile" posts to get to the decent advice. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
13 of 24

Lol, Katrina.

The author of one of one of these books has his head so far up his proverbial, that he has forgotten Google and just a quick look at his stellar performance here would convince one not to part with the dollars necessary to read his immortal advice.

colettelewis
Community Guru
14 of 24

I forgot to add, that anyone writing a book about getting rich on Upwork, should also add a chapter about how easy it is to make money writing people's essays for them.

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
15 of 24

@Nichola L wrote:

Lol, Katrina.

The author of one of one of these books has his head so far up his proverbial, that he has forgotten Google and just a quick look at his stellar performance here would convince one not to part with the dollars necessary to read his immortal advice.

Just out of interest, I googled "how to make money on Upwork, book" and found a book. I then checked out the author's profile. I don't know if it's the same guy but he's only had five jobs and eight hours worked.

Why would anyone want to buy a book from this guy about how to make money on Upwork

colettelewis
Community Guru
16 of 24

Exactly. I meant 'stellar' ironically. Smiley Wink

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
17 of 24

lol! I believe I might have proved my point!!!

computerhxr
Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
18 of 24

I guess it depends on "who" you're talking about.  Some of the advice out there is really bad.  I went back and found some information that was really good.  Yeah, it's basically what you hear in the forums.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
19 of 24

"Those who can, do.  Those who can't write books about it".  Bless their hearts.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
20 of 24

One of my very first blog posts, back in 2000 or 2001, was called "Making Money Writing about Making Money Writing about Making Money Writing". Don't worry--it was humor. And snark. It was inspired by the crazy success of Peter Bowerman's book, "The Well Fed Writer." He did, apparently, have a successful freelance career at one time, but at that time the vast majority of his writing income came from his book telling other writers how to make a living writing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS