🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: something important
Page options
nandees
Community Member

something important

hi everyone, i was just wondering can we ask some personel questions through private messages from any freelancer or client on this upwork community?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Even if it is not strictly forbidden, most forum members would probably find it odd... There are tons of friendships between forum members, but they generally start off through discussions on the forum before moving to private messages and email or facebook etc.

It would certainly be considered not very appropriate or professional to PM random strangers looking for friendship... Frankly it's a bit creepy.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

@Nandeesh P wrote:

hi everyone, i was just wondering can we ask some personel questions through private messages from any freelancer or client on this upwork community?

like what?

nandees
Community Member

I want to make some one friend out side of upwork on some other social network so can i ask is it allowed?

petra_r
Community Member

Even if it is not strictly forbidden, most forum members would probably find it odd... There are tons of friendships between forum members, but they generally start off through discussions on the forum before moving to private messages and email or facebook etc.

It would certainly be considered not very appropriate or professional to PM random strangers looking for friendship... Frankly it's a bit creepy.

nandees
Community Member

yeah its kinda weird i know 😛 
i will try to talk her on forum first 
thanks for suggestion 🙂 hopefully thi time u have not demotivated me 😛

@Nandeesh P wrote:

hopefully thi time u have not demotivated me 😛

Petra does not demotivate people.  She shoots straight and to the point, but whe you ask some weird question like this she will not echo what you want to hear.

petra_r
Community Member

@Nandeesh P wrote:

i will try to talk her on forum first 

You do know that this is not a dating site, right?

nandees
Community Member

not dating just friends in real life i have many pen friends and i like to do that to talk people all around and know different cultures

nandees
Community Member

need one more help if any1 can......
i posted one quesetion on admin categ
ory just like 1 hour ago but i m unable to find that, not even available on my profile, what should i do to get into that post?
i even forgoted to clikck on Email me when someone replies

yitwail
Community Member

Nandeesh, just go to your community profile page. To do that, click your photo in any of your posts, or click the icon in the upper right part of the window that looks like a person. Then you'll see your latest posts. If you don't see it there, then click the View All button. If you still don't see it, then maybe moderators removed your post.profile.png

yes sir i already tried that but unable to finf my question
and it was important actually i was waiting fr answer

Petra did not mean that you go ahead and start any thread just for the sake of kicking it off. It took many of us years to become actual friends in this community. It's just like in real life, you don't run to someone and become friends the same instance you see them. You also should not post for the sake of gaining friends. In my humble opinion, the professional value you will get from this community is much more important than any friendship you can make on it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths