cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking a Question or Starting a Discussion

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 1

How do I create a question or discussion post?

If you've searched the community and you can't find a question or topic that is the same or similar to yours, it's time to post your own. You can do this from two areas. The search bar, or by going to a specific board.

From the search bar:

1. Click the Ask a Question button.

Post a Question.png
  2. Create a subject, a thread title that details what your question or post is about.
  3. From the Category dropdown list, select the board you would like to post in. Choose a board applicable to your audience.

Here is an overview of the different boards:

• Community Discussions: Start a discussion related to freelancing or hiring, Upwork features, policies and questions related to the Upwork platform. Or, have some fun in the Coffee Break area.
    • New to Upwork- area for new users to search and ask questions when getting started on Upwork.
    • Freelancers- discussions on topics about freelancing.
    • Clients- discussions on topics related to hiring.
    • Coffee Break- miscellaneous threads on any topic you like, as long as they adhere to our guidelines.

1. Type the details of your question or discussion in the text box.
  2. Select "E-mail me when someone replies," in order to get an email notification when others respond to your question or discussion.
  3. Click Submit. Your question or discussion has been posted.

Post from a board page:

1. Select a board ie: Freelancer, Client, Coffee Break etc.
  2. Click New Topic
  3. Create a subject, a thread title that details what your question or post is about.
  4. Type the details of your question or discussion in the text box.
  5. Select "E-mail me when someone replies," in order to get an email notification when others respond to your question or discussion.
  6. Click Submit. Your question or discussion has been posted.

Note: You have to be signed in to post.

How can I edit a question or discussion I've posted?

1. Go to your post.
  2. Click the menu button (3 vertical dots) and then click the Edit button. The "Edit" screen opens.
  3. Type your changes and then click Submit.

Can I delete a question or discussion I've posted?

No, only moderators can delete or remove posts. If you’d like your post deleted, click the Escalate button to inform a moderator.

No one replied to my question or discussion. Should I post it again?

No. Posting the same question or discussion multiple times creates distraction. Just wait--someone will reply, and you'll be notified when it happens.

Can I get notified when someone responds to a question or discussion?

Yes. Click the menu button and then click Subscribe.

How do I stop getting notified when someone responds to a question or discussion?

Go to the original post. Yes. Click the menu button  and then click Unsubscribe. You can also manage your subscriptions from your Community settings page. Go to your Community profile settings (the gear icon):  Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.10.12 AM.png

Then click subscriptions > My Subscriptions

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS