Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking a Question or Starting a Discussion

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
11 of 24

Hi Talha,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I've checked this for you, and you already have a support ticket with our team regarding your recently added certification! Please allow time for the process to be completed and our team will update you directly.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hossain-md_farha
Md Farhad H Member Since: Jan 6, 2021
12 of 24

I am a new Upwork freelancer. I am living in Chittagong(In Bangladesh ) But, Now I have to shift to another place in my county(Chittagong to Dhaka ). It's the same country just a different district. Now My question is, will it any problem for me if I will change(shift) my location?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
13 of 24

Hi Md Farhad,

Thanks for following up. If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly.  If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. To update your location once you move, simply go to Settings > Contact Info and update the Location section of the page. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly.

~ Nikola

Untitled
zubi567
Zahid I Member Since: Mar 5, 2021
14 of 24
Hey there, I send a proposal and I received an interview but I didn't receive free connects.
Can you check the issue why I didn't receive?
Kindly help me.
Thank you.
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
15 of 24

Hi Zahid,

Connects are automatically added to your profile within 24 hours. I see that there were Connects added to your profile, but I'd like to look into this further. Could you please confirm the job post you are referring to so I can check? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
gasatrian
Grish A Member Since: May 15, 2020
16 of 24

I have worked successfully for a client with this project.

But he remained me bad feedback. At that moment he said to me he is ok with my result.

What is more important is that he needed for me to work outside this platform. He is really scammer.

How can I remove this feedback? I am not top rated freelancer.

Hope a good help.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
17 of 24

Hi Grish,

I'd like to check this for you. Could you please send me a PM with more information so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
oelimtrila7
Oelim T Member Since: Jun 25, 2020
18 of 24

I am a programmer looking for freelance work and came across UpWork. I feel like it is a well known site but wanted to hear if anyone has had good/bad experience with them. Or if there are better alternatives.

I'm hesitant to use them because they require image of my drivers license and then to get paid i need to give them SS numbers for W-9 form. Is this safe?

Another question that popped into my head is "company name". Lots of forms/contracts want you to have a company name. Can you just come up with one or is there some legal paperwork you need to fill out?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
19 of 24

Hi Oelim,

The W-8BEN form have a purpose to confirm you're not a US taxpayer and if you don't have a registered company you can use your own legal name as it appears in your passport or other official documents.

To protect your personal information, access to the information you submit to Upwork to verify your identity is stored by Upwork, per our security policy. Upwork agents comply with our privacy policy and the third-party vendor that handles these requests does not store any identification data. We do not sell any of the information you submit to us. After 30 days, the image you submit to verify your identity is deleted.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alzohery
Abdalslam A Member Since: Jun 5, 2020
20 of 24

Since Last week I did not get any invitation.  But before that, I got a continuous invitation and suddenly, I don't know what happened? can anyone tell me the exact reason?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS