Community User Ranks Explained

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
11 of 23

John, especially since there supposedly aren't any. Smiley Wink

Community Guru
12 of 23

What about holding an election?...  If there still are no Community members with the VIP designation, what about holding an election?  There's a few I sincerely believe are very deserving of the "rank" based on numerous factors such as their overall helpfulness, correctness, attitude, tone...  Of course I realize that most of us don't consider the designations to be important; however it could be fun.  Also, Upwork could award the "winners" with free insulated drink holders or whatever for life...  Or, better yet gift cards.  Woman Very Happy 

Community Leader
Zeeshan T Member Since: Jul 4, 2016
13 of 23

Pat M wrote:

What about holding an election?...  

But it'll make the losing candidate feel guilty and this forum will become political forum.

"Not a minor"
Community Guru
14 of 23

I posted this in "Community Basics-Community User Ranks Explained" yesterday but think it may have been overlooked so I'm beginning a new thread.  Of course there's always the possibility that no one had any interest in it-lol!  If that's the case, just overlook this one as well.  

What about holding an election?...  If there still are no Community members with the VIP designation, what about holding an election?  There's a few I sincerely believe are very deserving of the "rank" based on numerous factors such as their overall helpfulness, correctness, attitude, tone...  Of course I realize that most of us don't consider the designations to be important; however, it could be fun.  Also, Upwork could award the "winners" with free insulated drink holders or whatever for life...  Or, better yet gift cards.  Woman Very Happy 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 23

Hi Pat,

Thanks for bringing this up. We'll discuss your suggestion among members of our team and see what we can do. We'd also like to hear what other members of the Community think about expanding Community titles.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
16 of 23

Thanks, Valeria.  I just thought it might be fun.  Smiley Happy

Anatoly V Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
17 of 23

Hello Community Gurus and Leaders.

A few days ago I just visited the upwork community.

I saw the helpful articles on this and notice that here are so many community gurus and leaders.

I want become a community guru or leader.

What can I do?

Thanks for your time.

Anatoly.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
18 of 23

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Basics/Community-User-Ranks-Explained/m-p/59283#M41

But if that's too long to read, you just post a lot, making sure you observe community guidelines, like not spamming.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Basics/Upwork-Community-Guidelines/m-p/259905#M1

19 of 23

Thanks a lot John.

Community Leader
Grant C Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
20 of 23

I am probably stepping on a land mine here... But here goes...

1) What authority constitues these rankings. (What yardsticks or benchmarks are they based on)?

2) Howcome so many of the 'community gurus' or other 'leaders'  Hide their profiles?  Seems to me they should exemplify their credibility (assuming a community guru is something to be) by being more transparent...

3) Why is there an emphasis on how many kudos a contributer recieves?   Are kudos really indicative of a revenue -drawing free lancer...or is just a popularity thing for the moderators? 

Inquiring minds want to know...  Smiley Indifferent

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS