cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community User Ranks Explained

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 25

Grant,

Community ranks Garnor listed in his post are based on the number of posts, accepted solutions and how long a user has been an active member of the Community. 

Community members can't hide their Community page which contains links to their published and kudoed posts. However, just like any other Upwork user they can choose to make their Upwork profile private. Some do it for privacy reasons or to limit the number of invites they receive. We have no intentions to require active participants of the Community to make their profiles public.

Kudoes allow Community members to express that they like, support, appreciate or agree with a comment. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Levi B Member Since: Jun 12, 2018
22 of 25

I finally have more time to learn about UpWork, this is really interesting

Ace Contributor
Muhammad Waqar A Member Since: Nov 14, 2015
23 of 25

Thank you for posting this, I was looking for it. (y)

Amine B Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
24 of 25

thank you sir ! this is helped me a lot !!! 

Rebecca R Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
25 of 25

Just wanting to add to this thread and not sure how to tactfully state what I want to say, so bear with me as I work up to it.

I like the idea of automated rank "titles" based on number of posts. That's pretty standard forum fare.

I like the added logo for official Upwork members so that we know when it's an official response.

2019-02-28_6-38-57.png

What I don't like is the term Guru or the like being included in the rank titles because, until one actually sees an official response, it's easy to assume (yes, we shouldn't assume, but we do) that a "Guru" is an official member of the Upwork team. 

How I found this thread: I'd noticed many responses from "Gurus" that -hmmm- lacked professionalism. That ding is not directed at 99% of Gurus. As with most things it's the small % of bad apples that generate the complaints. The bulk of responses from Gurus or other such ranked persons are full of helpful informaton and are profesional in manner and share the answers most of us newbies need. This is 100% why the threads I'd been on hadn't included official responses -- no official responses were needed! Go Gurus! And thank you, you've answered all of my questions. So far. :0)

Eventually, though, I saw enough off-kilter-for-a-professional responses to wonder what gives someone Guru credentials and landed here. Up until this thread, since I'd not seen an official response, I had no clue that the Gurus weren't official Upwork members and that official Upwork members do have the Upwork logo associated.

That's a long way to say that I think it would be great to have this distinction permanently available via a heading along the top of the forum that always shows and simply says something like:

Official Upwork responses are noted with 2019-02-28_6-41-26.png next to the member's name.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS