011ac188
Braxton M Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
31 of 46
What is rankings plz answer me

011ac188
Braxton M Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
32 of 46

Hi all,

We’ve heard from some of you who have questions on the titles that show under your profile name here on the Upwork Community. I’m here to shed more light on these user "rankings" and how they work.

Ranks are intended to help all of us identify frequent and valued contributors to the Upwork Community. This is a common practice in many online communities where it’s helpful for users to quickly identify those participants who are most active. Some communities even find this to be a motivating function for their users, as graduating up the rankings becomes a fun and engaging exercise.

The rankings are largely based on activity and "age", i.e. how long you've been registered on the Community. We also have some user ranks reserved for Upwork teams and the occasional "guest" participant. You’ll graduate up the rankings as you’ve been on the Community, posted to discussions and viewed threads.

Here then is a summary of the user ranks, in order of newest to most experienced:

Forum explorer
Frequent visitor
Power member
Ace Contributor
Community Leader
Community Guru
VIP (Upwork can also assign this rank)

Additional ranks assigned by Upwork:

Community Manager
Staff
Featured Content Expert
david-caleb
Caleb D Member Since: Mar 29, 2020
33 of 46
good to know about this
c28afd75
Rowena D Member Since: Jun 5, 2020
34 of 46
Does ranking affect your income in Upwork? Or what does it exactly do? How does it help me as a beginner of upwork freelancer? What are the benifits? How will others benefit from what i posted?
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 46

Hi Rowena,

Thank you for your question. Upwork Community ranks do not show on freelancer profiles or affect freelancer's profile metrics. They do, however, help distinguish members who have contributed a lot of time, effort and knowledge to this Community and have been sharing their experience to help others be more successful when using the platform.

~ Valeria
Upwork
victorovich
Victorovich Z Member Since: Nov 10, 2020
36 of 46

hi

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
37 of 46

Hi Victorovich,

Welcome to Upwork Community. Is there anything we can assist you with? 

~ Bojan
Upwork
harrymon12
Ace Contributor
Harrison D Member Since: Jan 29, 2014
38 of 46

Smiley Happy

prajapati-vikask
Vikaskumar P Member Since: Dec 31, 2020
39 of 46

Thank you so much for posting this information. This is very helpful

shariful_siraji
Shariful S Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
40 of 46

Thanks a lot, This helps me to understand the ranking. was wondering how this was assigned. 

Appreciated buddy. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS