cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Report Inappropriate Content

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1 of 10

Occasionally, you may see content that is inappropriate for Upwork Community or violates the Community Guidelines and would want to report it. In order to do so, click on “Post Options” next to the post you want to report, scroll down and select “Report Inappropriate Content:”

Screenshot_34.png

Add your comment in the box and click “Notify Moderator.”

Currently there is no flag option for private messages, but if somebody sends you an inappropriate private message, please let a moderator know. You can reach a moderator by clicking on their name anywhere in the Community and sending them a private message:

Screenshot_35.png

We appreciate your help with keeping Upwork Community productive and professional.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 10

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find a way to flag private messages. Is there one?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 10

PMs on the forum? You get one of those "how I get job sir I do good job sir how I get job sir" messages? 

I don't think there is a way which is weird.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 10

Jennifer M wrote:

PMs on the forum? You get one of those "how I get job sir I do good job sir how I get job sir" messages? 

I don't think there is a way which is weird.

Yeah, I get a lot of those, too, but this one is a straight up advertisement. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 10

You could open a ticket with a link to the person who sent it.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 10

Advertisements:  straight to CS.

Abuse: I  ask a mod to intervene.

Most of the others I reply to and hope some of the replies help.

Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
7 of 10

I was wondering that too. Probably the same guy. He had a thread so I just reported the thread.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 10

Hi Tiffany,

We don't have a flagging system for private messages, but we would appreciate if you reported abuse directly to one of us moderators in a private message. We'll take care of it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Borche S Member Since: Jun 18, 2015
9 of 10

Are clients allowed to include an hourly rate when posting an hourly job? I've noticed many clients that post a job and say that "you must offer $3 per hour or less". Some even put up hourly rates below the minimum like $1 per hour.

I know there's no option for flagging these types of job posts, but are they actually allowed to do that?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 10

Hi Borche, 

Upwork does not support contract rates under $3.00 per hour (including the Upwork Service fee) for hourly contracts.

If you see any job posts requesting for hourly rates below $3.00, you may flag the job post as inappropriate and tick-off "Asking for free work." While this does not identify the actual reason why the job post was flagged, the job post will still be reviewed by the team.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS