🐈
» Community » Community Blog » From Software Engineer to CEO: My Journey of ...
Page options
From Software Engineer to CEO: My Journey of Pursuing My Passion

From Software Engineer to CEO: My Journey of Pursuing My Passion

In 2014, I took my first step towards a career as a software engineer. It was a decision that would change the course of my life. For years, I worked in a 9 to 5 job, feeling frustrated and unfulfilled. I knew that I wanted to be my own boss and create something that was truly my own.

MUZblog.png

So, I took the leap and started my own company, Smart Moves Lab.

It was a challenging and rewarding journey that required hard work, determination, and perseverance. I had to wear multiple hats and work long hours, but I was passionate about what I was doing, and that made all the difference.

Untitled design.jpg

Today, Smart Moves Lab has more than 20 employees working in different domains, and we continue to grow and develop as a company. It's been an incredible journey so far, and I am grateful for every step along the way.

As a CEO, I have learned that success is not just about having a great idea or being in the right place at the right time. It's about having a clear vision, setting goals, and taking action to achieve those goals. It's about being resilient in the face of challenges and having the courage to make difficult decisions.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 2.49.31 PM.png 

My journey from software engineer to CEO has taught me the value of hard work, determination, and perseverance. It has shown me that anything is possible if you are passionate about what you do and are willing to put in the effort to make it happen.

If you are feeling frustrated or unfulfilled in your current job, I encourage you to take a step back and reflect on what truly makes you happy.

Pursue your passion, take risks, and don't be afraid to fail. Remember that success is a journey, not a destination, and that the road may be long and challenging, but the rewards are worth it.

My major aim as the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Smart Moves Lab is to improve job possibilities in Pakistan while collaborating with the public sector to boost foreign direct investment. Moving forward, I desire to motivate future leaders of information technology in Pakistan by embracing the values inculcated in me by Smart Moves Lab.

imagepakistan.jpeg Connect with Muhammad Usmana Z in Upwork Group Hub - Pakistan 

In the end, I believe that it's not the destination that matters, but the journey itself. And my journey from software engineer to CEO has been a truly rewarding one.

Connect with Muhammad Usman Z on Upwork 

8 Comments