🐈
» Community » Community Blog » How I Earned the Upwork Rising Talent Badge
Page options
How I Earned the Upwork Rising Talent Badge

Imagine you are a newbie and you get recognition by the platform itself. This article is about my success story, how I earned the Rising Talent Badge on Upwork in the begining.

Why Rising Talent and what are the benefits of it?

As per Upwork:

• A Rising Talent badge that displays on your profile and projects
    • Means you outstand among the other new freelancers on the platform.

• Reduced fees (starting at 10%) on Featured Jobs
    • The very best you get 10% rate on the Featured Jobs that are already paid and ensured.

• A one-time bonus of 30 free Connects
    • Additionaly you get more chances to submit your proposals as a bonus of 30 connects

• Ability to offer consultations to share expertise with clients
    • You can use another very best facility by work and Earn through that with your Guidance and consultations on your expertise and help others clearify their thoughts.

Firstly, I started with a new profile in the late Feb. 2023. I was not aware of this Rising Talent at the first stage. However, I was eager to earn and was motivated to stand out in the Upwork Freelancers Community. The only was at that time I saw was "Showcase you skills and be acceptable by Upwork in all ways". That means, i was expected to complete my instructions in the very least time that shows my intentions and willingness towards Upwork.

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, I had to:

• Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
    • I did it in the very least time and very effectively. Why I get successful in this as I read the instructions articles what to write and how to write. Learn from Upwork community that how to fill your profile attractively.

• Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
    • Amusingly, I hadn't any earning from Upwork yet. However, as per my history, the way I approaced the jobs. The most relevant job that suits me and my skills and giving them a bried Cover Letter with attached samples as I have done work off the Upwork platform in last 3 years.

• Keep availability status up-to-date
    • The next thing I did, I spend my status online as it boos your chances to get noticed by User and you get replies from your proposals.

• Regularly submit proposals to projects that match skill set
    • Keep looking for the proposals to get yourself up to date as an active member looking for work.

• Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
    • The most important part that you adhere the policies and Terms of Service set by Upwork to ensure you are on right way. I must suggest you should read those and have great understanding on that.

• Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
    • Lastly, you should be active. Active in a sense, you keep learning and trying to get work on Upwork. And your profile must not exceed 30 days while doing all of this and have been active in the past 90 days doing all the hunt for job.

How can I lose the Badge?

• Get promoted to Next Badge as Top Rated by earning Jobs while being a Rising Talent. That means I graduate!
  • You receive poor feedback from Clients. So I always reach Clients in a very professional way.
  • Or your account was put on hold by Upwork due to certain reasons.

Additionally, I would like to suggest that you keep in touch with Upwork Community Guidelines and Learning Paths set by Upwork so you get better idea how to start. The very least I skip is the any Notification/Hint received from Upwork.

I hope this article will guide and help other Upwork user's in future endeavours. I wish you all the best. 

Best wishes,

Muhammad Nasir Ashraf

Rising Talent - Upwork

Connect on Upwork

28 Comments