🐈
» Community » Community Blog » Taking The Leap: From Corporate Team Lead to ...
Page options
May 15, 2023
Taking The Leap: From Corporate Team Lead to Top Rated Plus Upwork Freelancer

Introduction

Hello, my name is Cantor Fan, and I am a full-time, Top Rated Plus freelancer on Upwork specializing in software development, technical consulting, and AI-related services.

cantorfFIRST.png

In the beginning

In 2008, after working as a senior software developer and team leader at Liz Claiborne, a fashion company, I made the exciting decision to embark on my freelance journey. This transition was driven by several compelling factors, including the potential for greater financial stability, a healthier work-life balance, and the opportunity to embrace new challenges without fear.

Why freelancing

Freelancing has given me the flexibility to arrange my time according to my needs and preferences, allowing me to take control of my personal and professional life. This newfound freedom has led to a more balanced and fulfilling experience overall. As a freelancer, I have continually expanded my skill set and gained confidence in tackling various projects.

The journey so far

Recently, I shifted my focus towards AI-related work, recognizing the immense potential and impact that this technology has on various industries. My interest in AI was ignited by its capability to revolutionize the way we approach problem-solving, automation, and innovation. This transition has opened up a world of exciting opportunities for me, allowing me to stay on the cutting edge of technology and offer my clients the most advanced solutions.

cantorfblog1.png

Over the years, I have focused on offering services such as GPT integration, model training, and prompt engineering. My dedication and passion for what I do have allowed me to build lasting relationships with clients, some of whom have become good friends. I take great pride in knowing that my work has played a significant role in their business growth and success.

cantorfan_0-1682740647952.png

What does the future hold

My main goals for my freelance career are to reach higher financial targets while working less, allowing me to spend more time with my family and truly enjoy life. I believe that the freedom and flexibility that comes with freelancing can help me strike the perfect balance between professional success and personal fulfillment.

Thank you for taking the time to learn more about me, and I look forward to the exciting opportunities that lie ahead in my freelance journey, especially as I continue to explore the ever-evolving world of artificial intelligence.

Connect with Cantor F. on Upwork

A Quick Q&A with Cantor

What encouraged you to take the leap and begin working on your own terms?

It is more freedom, and I can arrange my life work balance by myself.

Looking back, what do you think is most unique about how Upwork/freelancing has changed your life?

Confidence, I become more and more confident when facing changes and challenges.

Tell us about your career journey. How did you get from high school to your current role?

After graduated from university, I have worked in two jobs, first job was 6 years, and 2nd job was 4 years. At the end of the 2nd job, I realized I am losing my life by doing boring tasks day by day. I don’t want to live like that. I touch the freelance life and find it is a new area and get so many new stuffs to know, also I can get profit more than daily job. So step by step, I became a full time freelancer.

What benefits do you think you and other independent professionals bring to your clients?

• Valuable output with acceptable payment
  • Long term support
  • Ready to move forward forever
10 Comments