🐈
» Community » Community Blog » Team Spotlight: Hilda, Upwork Coach
Page options
Sep 21, 2022
Team Spotlight: Hilda, Upwork Coach

In April, we launched Upwork Academy where we provide tools for success to help you build and grow your business. For the past month, we’ve been shining the spotlight on the team members that bring Upwork Academy to life. Today, we’re featuring Hilda, an Upwork Coach who has been working with Upwork for five years.

How did you come to join Upwork?

Hilda: “My background is in human resources, employee training, business operations, project management, and alternative dispute resolution. I was working as a freelancer on Upwork when I was approached about an opportunity to apply for a Talent Agent position on Upwork. 5 years later I am still here and loving what I do.”

What do you do in your role?

Hilda: “I help talent across all industries succeed on Upwork by providing coaching, offering tips and best practices on starting or growing their freelancing business. I am also involved in working with Social Impact groups which is a great way to show new freelancers just how much they can do on Upwork.” 

What’s your favorite part of your role?

Hilda: “Being able to help talent from all over the world grow their freelancing business is really rewarding. I remember when I first started - how lost I felt - and I can relate to some of the frustrations freelancers experience.”

What’s your favorite part of working with Upwork?

Hilda: “I work with a great group of people, strong leadership, and in a department that has grown so much! Seeing how life-changing it can be for freelancers to be able to make a living from home is wonderful. Knowing I am part of an organization that helps so many people make a living is pretty cool!”

Hilda's Shih Tzu ChloeHilda's Shih Tzu Chloe

What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?

Hilda: “I love movies, reading, listening to music, and spending time with my kids and husband. I also have two dogs that I love like family. I am also a portrait photographer (have been since 2010) and am slowly starting to venture into travel/scenic photography so starting to travel a bit more.” 

Image from iOS (3) - Hilda Medrano.jpg

Want to learn more about Upwork Academy? Check out our learning paths, individual courses, coaching, videos, infographics, and more. You can quickly get to these features from the “Academy” menu at the top of any Community page. 

Which Academy tools are you most excited to try out?

5 Comments