🐈
» Community » Community Blog » The Gift of Gratitude
Page options
Nov 22, 2022
The Gift of Gratitude

They say the best things in life are free. They can’t be bought. You can’t find them in stores. 

The important things – Time. Loved ones. Friends. Family. Colleagues. Neighbors. Community.

It’s National Gratitude Month, the season of giving, and a time for reflection. It’s officially the holidays when we express gratitude for all that we have and the relationships that enrich our lives. In the USA, we have Thanksgiving, and some celebrate Friendsgiving – whoever is around the table, folks are gathering with those they love and giving thanks. 

Having an attitude of gratitude is a gift to those near you, but it’s also important to remember it's a tremendous gift to yourself. If you have kids, it’s a gift to your children who learn from a young age to appreciate all they have. It’s a gift to your clients and customers who feel valued for their contributions.

Gratitude knows no specific language - it’s a smile, a hug, a word, a card, a gift, or simply just a thought of remembrance. It’s a posture that’s never late and always on time because it’s never too late to lift yourself - and each other - UP.

My name is Bethany and I’m on the Community Experience team serving Community Groups. Groups are places to help everyone build up their business, and each other, because investing in each other is good for business and good for ALL of us!

I learned the power of using business for good during my time in Global Sales & Marketing at The Walt Disney Company, and leading Community for social good company TOMS Shoes. 

Walt Disney said, “The more you are in a state of gratitude, the more you will attract things to be grateful for.” Disney is known for creating ‘magical moments’ but that’s just it – they are created. They are intentional. My former colleagues and I would often say “have a magical day” and we meant it. Look for the magic – find the moments – seek a state of gratitude. Out of a heart of gratitude, happiness flows.

11 Comments