🐈
» Groups » Community Contributors » Forum » My Summer Vacation: Star Wars Celebration Ana...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

My Summer Vacation: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim

I just returned from an awesome 10-day trip to sunny Anaheim California for Star Wars Celebration, the official Star Wars convention! Star Wars is one of my greatest passions. Lucasfilm, the company that owns Star Wars, has always been an innovator in the field of special and visual effects. I also got the chance to visit Disneyland for one day and ride the four Star Wars rides they have.

Some of my favorite experiences:

• Attending a panel where Ian McDiarmid talked about his experience playing Senator/Emperor Palpatine through the three trilogies.
  • Attending a 20th-anniversary panel for Episode II: Attack of the Clones with a lot of cast members present (including Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor)
  • Getting my photo taken with Ian McDiarmid
  • Experiencing an “in-show exit” at Disneyland when Rise of the Resistance broke down near the end and then…
  • …getting to skip the line and ride Rise of the Resistance a second time
  • Getting to watch the first three episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi while on my Star Wars vacation
  • And last, but not least, meeting Bethany Joy (Senior Manager, Community Experience) in person! It was so great to be in the same physical space as one of my co-workers!

I’m more of a “live in the moment” person than a picture taker, but here are a few!

It's not all CGI! They used a life-size Bantha puppet in The Book of Boba Fett.It's not all CGI! They used a life-size Bantha puppet in The Book of Boba Fett.

Rey's speeder at Downtown DisneyRey's speeder at Downtown Disney

The Millennium Falcon!The Millennium Falcon!

Lieutenant Bek communicates with pilot  Nien Nunb as we leave Batuu at the start of Rise of the Resistance.Lieutenant Bek communicates with pilot Nien Nunb as we leave Batuu at the start of Rise of the Resistance.

Ian McDiarmid! The divider was plexiglass so I could see him, but it was loud and very quick (seconds!) so no chatting.Ian McDiarmid! The divider was plexiglass so I could see him, but it was loud and very quick (seconds!) so no chatting.

How about you? What are you looking forward to this summer? (Or winter if you’re in the southern hemisphere!)

Cheers,
Mike
1 REPLY 1
HildaM
Staff
Staff

Great vacation pictures Mike!