🐈
» Groups » Community Contributors » Forum » Prospective client communicating outside Upwo...
Page options
ec86c738
Community Member

Prospective client communicating outside Upwork

Hi, am quite new here and Liomba is my name. Just wanted to find out how it works. I submitted a proposal for a gig yesterday and today, I have been requested to "apply" for the job on Telegram. I don't have an offer yet, but have been also requested to provide the following: 

Full name:…………. Sex:………….. Age:………….. Email address:………… Country:…………. Selfie………….(Yet my profile has my picture)

Being a newbie, am kind of suspicious as to why all this ain't happening on Upwork. How does it work?

TIA

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Liomba,

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:
You may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.
~ Joanne
Upwork