🐈 Community
» Groups » Community Contributors » Forum » What are you looking forward to with the chan...
Page options

What are you looking forward to with the changing seasons?

With the arrival of September and the high temperature in Milwaukee having dropped about 20 degrees over the last week, I’m forced to look to the seasons ahead. Here in the northern hemisphere, that means Fall and then my least favorite season: Winter.

My breath condensed into ice on my eyelashes in January 2013, a couple of weeks after I moved to Quebec.My breath condensed into ice on my eyelashes in January 2013, a couple of weeks after I moved to Quebec.

Despite being raised in Wisconsin and attending graduate school in Quebec, I’ve never grown to love the cold. After all these years, I certainly know how to dress for the weather, but I’d rather not need a coat, snow pants, boots, two pairs of gloves, a balaclava, ear muffs, a scarf, and a hat to get the mail. I played hockey as a kid (I wanted to be like my big brother!) but never took up other winter sports. 

To prevent myself from spending too much time dreading winter, I’m focusing on what the changing seasons will afford me. For one, it will soon be poncho and cape season. I may have already worn my witchiest poncho out over the weekend (the bouncer completed me!).

I’m also looking forward to spending more time on my hobbies. With the warmer weather (and the brevity of Wisconsin summers), I’ve been spending a lot of time on exterior home and yard maintenance. With the arrival of colder weather (and, eventually, snow), some unfinished projects will need to be delayed until Spring (oh, darn!).

What are you looking forward to with the changing seasons? And do you tend to see any changes in your business this time of year?

Thanks,
Mike J.
0 REPLIES 0
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English