🐈
» Groups » Community Contributors » Forum » changing project requirements
Page options
Community Member

changing project requirements

How can I deal with clients who keep changing project requirements after we've agreed on the scope? It's causing a lot of stress and delays in my work.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

Dealing with clients who frequently change project requirements can be challenging. To manage this, it's crucial to establish clear communication from the beginning. Outline the scope of work in your contract and specify that any changes outside that scope will require a change order with adjusted pricing and timelines. Make sure you discuss these terms with your client before starting the project. This way, you can avoid scope creep and reduce stress.

Tural Babashov

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
5fd3c6f8
Community Member

Dealing with clients who frequently change project requirements can be challenging. To manage this, it's crucial to establish clear communication from the beginning. Outline the scope of work in your contract and specify that any changes outside that scope will require a change order with adjusted pricing and timelines. Make sure you discuss these terms with your client before starting the project. This way, you can avoid scope creep and reduce stress.

Tural Babashov
1bee0014
Community Member

I agree with previous response, and I would like to expand on that advice.  I love problems!  Every problem in a new opportunity and challenge to create solutions that though the initial purpose might be to smoothe out wrinkles in your work flow- Implementing them creates and adds structure to your overall professional presentation and tone!  Sounds cheesy- Maybe!  But, hear me out!  This opportunity, for example, calls for a Microsoft Form!  Upon hire/onboarding process, you're going to include this form in your "Welcome Packet.
(Yes, you need a Welcome Packet; Includes what to expect from the service you provide & outlines and sets the tone for exactly how the first communications are going to flow!)
Microsoft Forms are super, crazy easy to create with a few clicks & tons of templates to choose from.  You're going to title it: Project Requirements Intake/Amend Form.  And in little bitty writing at the bottom, you're going to include a notice... Something like: Project Requirements Form will be filled out upon initial onboarding and for ANY/ALL changes thereafter.       NOW- Is your employer going to go dig for this form and submit when he wants to change or add something?  NOPE.  But- The MOMENT he mentions some sort of alteration....You'll say, "Great- Okay, Sure- I'll just send you over the Project Req. Form and we'll get that ironed out."  I bet you its gonna eliminate all those little annoying edits that the Emp. isn't going to think merit his time filling out this form...  And you're going to be adamant/diligent with it.  Every time/ANY time you hear a contrast in rules...  ~Swish~ Form sent.    You get to generate it to encompass perameters to those changes, as well!!  Good luck!!