cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Upwork Future of the Workforce Report

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 5

Upwork recently released the 2017 Future of the Workforce report. This is an example of some of our efforts to broaden awareness and usage among (client) businesses that don't already use us.  Coverage has already appeared in Forbes and Staffing Industry Analysts.

This report is a compliment to our Freelancing in America study. While FIA sizes and explores trends in the freelance workforce, Future Workforce examines businesses’ hiring decisions and plans for the future, especially their increasing use of freelancers.

We surveyed over 1,000 U.S. hiring managers. Findings include:

• Nearly half (48%) of companies are utilizing flexible workers (freelancers, temporary and/or agency workers)

• Hiring freelancers creates more opportunity. If unable to hire a freelancer, 84 percent of hiring managers would have to delay, cancel or extend project workloads.

• Fifty-five percent of hiring managers who used freelancers in 2016 expect to increase usage this year

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.42.06 AM.png

Untitled
Adolfo T Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
2 of 5

Hi,

Where I can find the report?

Thnak you in advance.

Adolfo

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
3 of 5

Hi Adolfo,

You can find the 2017 Upwork Future of the Workforce Report here

Untitled
Adolfo T Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
4 of 5

Thank you Lena for your quick reply.

I am doing a research project on outsourcing on a number of countries in Central Europe and Caucasus and am looking for some statistics. Who can I contact at upwork to see if you can help me with such information request?

Thnak you in advance.

Adolfo

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Adolfo,

Please, check Upwork's Press page for more information and resources.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS