cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding the pitfalls of circumvention

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
21 of 25

Hi Alan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience. If you haven't already, please take screenshots of the client's request to take payments off Upwork and report them along with the contract ID to Customer Support, so we can review and take action. Thank you.

Community Leader
Alan H Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
22 of 25

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply. They proposed to circumvent over the phone, not in writing. I do not record my calls, so I have no proof.

-Alan

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 25

Hi Alan,

Thanks for clarifying. If you don't mind, I'd still would like to ask you to flag the job, include the information you have so our team could take a look and review the client's account. Thank you.

Ace Contributor
Ali A Member Since: Nov 22, 2016
24 of 25

I always received suspicious messages from clients who were the same, Thanks to fellow support team who always responded to my submitted inappropriate flags and It's highly against the Upwork ToS.

Upwork provides enough of protection whether you work on Fixed-Price or Hourly contracts and unfortunately, most of the inexperienced newcomers fall into this harmful practice and complain later.

Those clients with unsuccessful tries who offered me offline payments were either reported to Upwork Support Team or blocked them as a result of spamming the same offer constantly. Beforehand, I often told them that the payment is only accepted via Upwork and there's no meaning of falling into harmful practice when Upwork provides services that shall be followed plus appreciated by both parties (clients and freelancers). I would like to recommend my friendly freelancers that starting is always the hardest but, Hard work always pays off so never fall into such violent practice which will make you regret later when it's too late.

Upwork has always been a great platform to help people become successful freelancers and their own boss. I'm one of them and I can't appreciate enough of what I have been gifted.

- Muhammad Hadi

“Good reputation is more valuable than money.” - Publilius Syrus
Bernadette L Member Since: May 5, 2018
25 of 25
Got it thanks
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS