cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Facts About Feedback

Highlighted
Tofajjal Hossain T Member Since: Apr 4, 2016
11 of 19

I sent an email to freelancersuccess@upwork.com , with only the contract id of the job I want to remove written inside the email. 

does it need anything else to process ? please help me Smiley Sad

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 19

Hi Tofajjal,

Thanks for sending the email. It may take the team a bit of time to process it and get back to you about the removal of the feedback.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Shieldon C Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
13 of 19

Hi Val,

I already messaged to the Upwork team thru Gmail regarding the deletion of the bad review of the client. Please do assist me on this one. Thank you!

Shieldon C Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
14 of 19

Hi Val,

I already messaged to the Upwork team thru Gmail regarding the deletion of the bad review of the client. Please do assist me on this one. Thank you!

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Tofajjal,

Thanks for sending the email. It may take the team a bit of time to process it and get back to you about the removal of the feedback.

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
16 of 19

@Mohamed N wrote:

Hello ,
I permitted my client to change my Feedback. My Client also Enable that I can change his feedback.

But My Question is - I know that Feedback can change per contract at once - Right ? But After I changed Client feedback once I also see the Edit Button. Even I surprised that I also able to change the feedback again and again.

is that normal ? and in this case can the client change his feedback again and again also ?

Thanks and Warm Regards,

For me, that option is an empowering gesture on the part of Upwork developers/engineers.  I can opt for that if I am dissatisfied with my client's feedback (whether the feedback is 5 or 1) as regards the work that I have rendered.  But, most of the times, just knowing that I am empowered to do it makes it an unnecessary step.

Community Leader
Shahzad A Member Since: Feb 25, 2015
16 of 19

The JSS is very helpful for client, but it is very difficulty for freelancer to freeze it at the top.

Community Leader
Madison R Member Since: May 19, 2018
17 of 19

So, and I sound like a complete newbie by asking this (I've been on Upwork for 2+ years), how does private feedback work?

I've never been prompted to give private feedback on a client, so I'm assuming it's only for freelancers. And my JSS is 100%, so I guess I've never had any bad private feedback. 

Ace Contributor
Suzi E Member Since: Nov 19, 2018
18 of 19

.........................You can dispute feedback

Feedback can only be disputed if it violates Upwork’s Terms of Use

In my case, the client violated Upwork's Terms Of Use, but has been allowed to put extremely derogatory feedback on my profile. He tried to hold my rating hostage by asking me to give him the work for free (then half price).

I had a 96% Job Success Score. This bad review lowered it to 98%. I have spent considerable time attempting to get Upwork to deal with this issue, with no luck. Unfortunately, that leaves me with the conviction that the client can violate Terms of Use and Upwork will not enforce their own Terms! Yuck!

Suzi

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
19 of 19

Suzi, the occurrence was very unfortunate; the client---among the lowest of low.  As you know, "stuff" happens.

I think it's good you noted your response on your Profile. However, it was excessively long and detailed which could negatively impact potential clients' perception of you.  When responding it's best to KISS (keep it simple sweetie---or stupid; I prefer sweetie.)

The good news is that as you continue to successfully complete more projects, the negative impact of that will subside.  It'll just become a bad dream.

BTW, I absolutely love your hair---cut and color.  My cut's similar though a bit longer; wish I could carry of the shorter do.  I was born with fiery, red hair; but it went away.  Smiley Sad  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS