Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facts about Disputes

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
41 of 46

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for the post. I can confirm both parties are able to leave feedback on a contract following a dispute. While we understand some contracts might have a less than successful ending and note, it's within the user's right and Upwork TOS to leave feedback on a contract they participated in, regardless if a dispute was raised on it or not.

Highlighted
Ahmed M Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
42 of 46
I intinated dispute but how i can cancel this dispute
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
43 of 46

Hi Ahmed

Our team will reach out to you regarding the initiated dispute and you'll be able to share your decision with them directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Xavier J Member Since: Nov 17, 2020
44 of 46

Hi everyone,

I had to cancel a contract (fixed-price) with a freelancer who wasn't able to get the job done. In short: he was supposed to create a website in a week as a 1st milestone but failed to do. He told me to trust him, to validate 1st milestone and that he will get everything (website+ 2nd milestone requirements) done for 2nd milestone a week after.

I did trust him, but when 2nd milestone came, he failed again to even carry out 1st milestone duties. Therefore, I choose to close the contrat, as this could have last for ages this way, and ask for refund, but he opened a dispute.
I tried to provide with facts by leaving comments in the duspite room, but he is now losing his temper; so we won't come to an agreement. I'm a bit lost about what to do now. Should I reject the dispute? Many thanks for you help!!!

My client account is Xavier Jouve

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
45 of 46

Sorry to hear you had issues with your freelancer and contract, Xavier.

I'll be following up with the team that is handling this case and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you as soon as possible to address any questions you might have. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Xavier J Member Since: Nov 17, 2020
46 of 46

Thanks Bojan

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS