cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facts about Disputes

Oleksandra B Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
21 of 35

Hello.

This article says that only freelancers can initiate a dispute for fixed-term contracts.

But how can a client initiate a dispute, if the work submitted was not what we needed at all, but the escror was released automatically because the time has passed?..

I have hired a writer for a 15k words novelette. 

She has submitted a 7 k words text instead of a poor quality.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to check and read her submission due to personal reasons for some time, and the amount in escrow was paid to her automatically.

When I have checked her submission, I was horrified, because the amount was paid to her, but that text is absoultely not what I have ordered.

I asked her to rewrite the text so that it meets the requirements, and for it to be of the negotiated length, not half of that.

She said she will do that.

I am waiting since June.

She still didn't send me a normal 15 k words text instead of the 7 k words one of poor quality.

And I don't think I will ever get it.

I want to initiate a dispute that she returns me the payment and keep the text.

I woudn't be able to use it anyway because of its poor quality.

How can I do that?..

Where should I initiate the dispute?.. 

Brittany A Member Since: Nov 24, 2017
22 of 35

I rejected a dispute over three weeks ago, because the work I was paid for was completed based on the information I was originally given. But Upwork hasn't looked into it as far as I am aware. How long does it normally take for upwork to resolve a dispute?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
23 of 35

Brittany,

I'll follow up with our dispute team about the status of your dispute and they'll update you as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Amanda O Member Since: Apr 15, 2017
24 of 35

Could you give either some more infomation on disputes or a link that can help me? I need to file a complaint against a client. 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
25 of 35

Hi Amanda,

For more information about the dispute process, please check out all the information that Valeria shared on this thread here. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Amanda O Member Since: Apr 15, 2017
26 of 35

Could you please let me know when you find out how long it takes for UpWork to take action?

Ace Contributor
Usman S Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
27 of 35

can i withdraw dispute amount to direct local bank in Pakistan ?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
28 of 35

Hi Usman, 

It wasn't clear on your ticket if you should be able to transfer this through the direct to local bank method. I'll go ahead and clarify this with the team. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Usman S Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
29 of 35

thanks

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
30 of 35

Hi Usman, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you via email to clarify how you can withdraw the credit from the dispute. Please expect them to email you within the day. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS