🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Re: Featured Contributor Randy S.
Page options
lenaellis
Community Member

Featured Contributor Randy S.

Meet our November Featured Contributor Randy S. 

Randy S FC.jpg

• What job category do you work in?
    Creative/Voice Talent
  • When did you begin using Upwork?

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I started doing freelance audiobook narration while still in radio. After I lost my job, my wife and I decided it was time to go fulltime into freelance voice acting. Upwork was a natural fit for finding great clients and building my business. 

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Randy?
    I enjoy the ease in working with clients and finding work. It can be difficult to work between so many timezones, especially when needing to communicate about issues and questions with impending deadlines, but for the most part, online has been the best way to do what I do.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    I've been working with a couple long-term clients who have continued to offer projects which have allowed me both to earn money and to improve my own skills and services. 

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    Take your time to ensure a job is a good fit, and that you are a good fit for what they need. Find ways to be as useful and helpful as possible, and always make sure you are communicating throughout the process.

• We want to know at least two fun or interesting things about you 🙂
    As a voice actor, I'm a huge fan of audio drama--and listen to (and act in) as many as I can. 

My wife and I have two sets of twins. Three daughters and a son.

Before I became a freelancer, I worked in multiple industries, including corporate media, food service, as a court reporter, as a sports stringer, and far too many more to list. 

• Anything else you want to add?
    Thanks so much for the opportunity! And for Upwork. I wouldn't be doing what i do without this site, and without the fantastic insights I find here in the forum.

Untitled
8 REPLIES 8
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Congratulations, Randy!

"Certa bonum certamen"

And more congratulations from me too, Randy. 🙂 

CONGRATS Randy!

TWO sets of twins? WOW - how fabulous - How old are they?

I always thought if I had to have kids I'd like two identical girls so I could buy them identical ponies ...

thewriteroftoday
Community Member

I find it interesting that you do what you do and can do it successfully through your opportunities here on UpWork.  Congratulations!  Thanks for sharing your story.  I enjoyed reading it.

voskerchian
Community Member

Congrats Randy, keep up the good work!

Congrats Randy!  "Back in the day" I was also involved in radio.  Initially I was a DJ at my home town station while in high school.  During college I was a DJ, News Director, Program Director of our college station.  Upon graduation I was an Account Exec. at one of the stations in the same city.

I have a good friend (actually an ex fiancee, but that's another story-lol) who's been a DJ at a major market station on the east coast for several years now.  He actually "got the bug" at my college station.    In addition to that he does Voice Talent work.  He's very versatile and loves it as he does his DJ work.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks for the memories!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

muradmkts
Community Member

Congrats

chaninavneet
Community Member

Inspiring and Interesting. Congratulations Randy (Y)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths