Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Featured Contributor Renante V.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 11

Meet our Featured Contributor for June, Renante V! 

Renante FC.png

• What job category do you work in?
    Web Development

• When did you begin using Upwork?
    Registered way back 2015, I think but started really looking for work this year (January)

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    Well, I don't know. I felt like I was wasting my time on a 9-5 job. Add the fact that you get the same salary (read: minimum wage) each month.

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Renante?
    I can work anytime, within the comfort of my home. Although I'm in front of the PC most of the day, hehe.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    I've just started here on Upwork so I'd like to think that my best contract are my in-progress contracts and that each future contract will be better Smiley Happy

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    For new users on the platform, it helps to learn how the platform works first. There's a lot of helpful link that Upwork provides. Frequenting the forums (not necessarily posting) also helps.

• We want to know at least two fun or interesting things about you Smiley Happy
    I don't know. I'm boring, I guess. LOL

• Anything else you want to add?
  • I love numbers!

Untitled
    Community Guru
    Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
    2 of 11

Congratulations, Renante. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
    Khebbab H Member Since: Jun 1, 2018
    3 of 11

Merci  pour ton témoignage, Renante. 

Community Guru
    Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
    4 of 11

Smiley Embarassed

Community Guru
    Hasmik V Member Since: Aug 12, 2017
    5 of 11

Congrats Renante! Keep up the great job!

Community Guru
    Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
    6 of 11

Congratulations Renante!  I am very curious though---why are there two different photos of you?

Community Guru
    Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
    7 of 11

Pat M wrote:

Congratulations Renante!  I am very curious though---why are there two different photos of you?

They requested another photo that they can use. I obliged.

It would have been great had they use just my profile photo though (hopefully someone who can edit this post see this and makes the change). 

Smiley Very Happy

Community Guru
    Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
    8 of 11

Renante V wrote:

Pat M wrote:

They requested another photo that they can use. I obliged.

It would have been great had they use just my profile photo though (hopefully someone who can edit this post see this and makes the change). 

Smiley Very Happy

Renante, it appears that Upwork doesn't always adhere to their own rules and regulations; for example regarding photos.  Regardless, both of your photos are nice from a photo perspective.  Your Featured one is more straight on whereas your current Profile one is more artsy. Listen to me I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about-lol!  I'm not exceptionally skilled at photography.  Perhaps we should request someone's input that is...calling on Petra or whomever else...     

Community Guru
    Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
    9 of 11

I'm sure Renante would appreciate an introduction without typos.

Untitled.png

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
    10 of 11

Thanks for pointing it out, Steven. I'll be sure to share this with the team. 

Joanne
    TOP KUDOED MEMBERS