cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Free Webinar: Power proposal tips from a six-figure Upworker (Danny Margulies)

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 52

We will be partnering with Danny Margulies, a successful freelancer on Upwork and the creator of FreelanceToWin.com, for our next professional development webinar.  We invite all freelancers to join us for this free webinar where Danny will share his top tips for writing proposals and cover letters that get you noticed.

Here’s a little more about what Danny will cover:

• The #1 proposal mistake freelancers make (and how to avoid it)
  • How to win more jobs using the "Upside-Down Proposal" approach
  • How to effortlessly build trust with clients in seconds -- every single time
  • Figuring out the right amount to charge

Danny is a full-time freelancer who grew to a six-figure income after his second year of freelancing. Along the way, Danny has researched and tested all kinds of approaches to winning contracts and commanding top fees for his work. Through his experience he has put together a course that has helped thousands of freelancers become successful. He will be sharing his tips and answering questions on July 28th, 2016 from 8:30am - 9:30am Pacific.

Here’s the link to register for the webinar. This webinar is open to anyone, however, attendance is limited. We hope to see you there!

***Update: Thanks everyone for attending the webinar! We reached capacity a few minutes after starting. As promised, here is the link to the recorded version. Carry on the conversation here, we would love to hear what you found useful and answer any additional questions you have.***

Untitled
Highlighted
Paul C Member Since: Jul 21, 2016
2 of 52

Hello,

Will there be a recorded version of the webinar available later? The timing is not ideal for me. Please advise. Thanks!

Paul

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 52

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting this question. Yes, we will follow up with a recording of the webinar and post it in this thread.

Sairem Romen K Member Since: Jul 24, 2016
4 of 52

Thank you for this post.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 52
Hi Everyone,

"Power proposal tips from a six-figure Upworker" hosted by Danny Margulies has reached the capacity of attendees and we're not able to accommodate all who registered. A recording of the webinar will be posted here later today or tomorrow. We will be hosting more webinars in the coming months, so check back in the Community often to stay up to date on current offerings. 

-Lena

Untitled
Melanie H Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
6 of 52

It's harder to respond accurately to vauge job descriptions. I often ask specfic questions to clients about a job but rarely recieved responses. Is there a way to get better responses?

Danny M Member Since: May 14, 2015
7 of 52

The best ways I've found to get clients to answer your questions are:

a) Write a great proposal (yes you can still do this even if the job description is vague -- e.g. by giving the client a helpful tip about the type of work they need done)

b) Make your questions specific -- e.g. "Who is your target demographic?" rather than "Can you tell me about your business?"

c) Limit your questions, preferably to just 1. Clients are often looking for the path of least resistance and they might put off answering a list of questions.

Cheers,
Danny

Lethichia P Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
8 of 52

Hello Danny,

Hope all is well with you. Today, I signed up for your mailing on the top hacks and received my first one. Also, I replied to the email per your request and introduced myself. If possible, may I know if a recording is available from the free webinar (last week)? My client really wants to know how to improve his proposals.

Thank you.

Emory M Member Since: Aug 6, 2016
9 of 52

Hello Danny:

I appreciate all of your input for us freelancers - especially for beginners like myself.

Please let me know how to develop an attitude and technique of 'going out to get business'; just a thought I have.

What I mean is, how can we put our profiles / portfolios out there to attract business, and find business / work for us? How can we best position out portfolios with keywords, both strategically and tactically to actively find business for us by somehow more actively 'advertizing' our talents?

Basically, I am asking, how can we best create a profile that attracts business according to our terms?

Best Regards,

Emory B. Miles

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Eric S Member Since: Sep 12, 2016
10 of 52

Thanks for your tips, Danny