cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Webinar: Power proposal tips from a six-figure Upworker (Danny Margulies)

Heba M Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
41 of 52
Thanks for the webinar. It was full of great and powerful tips. Waiting for the recording.
Shikha T Member Since: May 17, 2016
42 of 52

Hello Danny,

I heard your webinar and found it quite useful.

When I started on upwork my rates were $11/ hrs. I soon realised that I can charge more considering the quality of my work. However, my profile shows the rates I have charged so far.

How to set this right? Should I simply raise my rates?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Shikha

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
43 of 52

Not much you can do about it. I'd be surprised if potential clients always trawl through work histories to see how much you've charged to other clients though. And as each job is going to be different to a certain extent, different hourly rates are to be expected. I'd charge less for watching a sci-fi movie with an ice cold beer and a bucket of chicken wings, and jotting down a few notes on the film at the end, than I would for mining on some distant forsaken planetoid.

At the end of the day, clients will either accept your proposal or they won't... that could be one at $3 an hour, or it could be one at $300 an hour. 

I wouldn't let your published work history affect your decision to change your rates.

Love from Danny. 

(Although I'm not actually Danny.)

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Shikha T Member Since: May 17, 2016
44 of 52
Hello Scott, You are right. This situation will be faced whenever one raises rates, whether from $ 10 to $20 or from $75 to $ 100. Thanks for the help. Sincerely, Shikha
Margie O Member Since: Feb 2, 2017
45 of 52
Pls I need the link to download the webinar
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
46 of 52

Hi Margie,

You can watch the recorded version of thsi webinar online by using the link Lena included in the opening post on this thread.

Emory M Member Since: Aug 6, 2016
47 of 52

Please register me for the webinar. Thank You.

Emory Miles

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
48 of 52

Hi Emory,

In the original post on this thread you can find a link to the recording. Also on March 16 at 10:30 AM PT you can attend a live Twitter chat with Danny using #UpworkChat.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kingsley U Member Since: Apr 26, 2017
49 of 52
Please where can I find the recorded version of the webinar. I can't find it anywhere
Kingsley U Member Since: Apr 26, 2017
50 of 52
Found it!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS