cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you budget your connects for the month?

This widget could not be displayed.
81 of 270
This widget could not be displayed.

Hey Vladmir. Thanks for your reply. I know that Basic members have 60 Connects. I'm saying it should be reduced to 50. Freelancer Plus members are allowed to rollover up to 140 Connects! Isn't that outrageous? I'm saying that that rollover of Connects should be stopped. No one should rollover nothing.

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
82 of 270

@Amaechi A wrote:

Hey Vladmir. Thanks for your reply. I know that Basic members have 60 Connects. I'm saying it should be reduced to 50. Freelancer Plus members are allowed to rollover up to 140 Connects! Isn't that outrageous? I'm saying that that rollover of Connects should be stopped. No one should rollover nothing.

I agree with your idea of reducing the number of connects to 50 for the Basic plan. But why bother about the rollover? People that have large numbers of rollover connects nearly never use all of their connects anyway and there must be something in return for the paid Plus plan. 

Ace Contributor
Md Rashadul I Member Since: Oct 11, 2016
83 of 270

Yes 60 connects is not enough for a new freelancer only.

I think it can be a time interval to a new Freelancers which is first 6 months is the time for new Freelancers. And in this 6 months the newbi will receive 80 or 100 connects to get the first job in Upwork...

Parmeshwar K Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
84 of 270
i whant connects
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
85 of 270

@Parmeshwar K wrote:
i whant connects

Buy them, that makes you appreciate their value.

Highlighted
Ewan H Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
86 of 270

Hi,

I have only just started out on Upwork and have found that 60 connects is just enough to get the first few interviews. It prevents you from submitting proposals to every project that comes up in your feed and makes you apply to only the jobs that you have a chance of getting. However, I have now completed my first job and am beginning to think about upgrading - 60 connects just does not seem to be enough if you are going to take this seriously and use it on a more full-time basis. Just my opinion.

Ewan

Zuphel B Member Since: Feb 10, 2017
87 of 270

How do I reset my connects since I consume it all?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
88 of 270

Hi Zuphel,

Connects reset automatically in the beginning of a billing cycle. You can check when the current billing cycle ends by going to Settings> Membership & Connects.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Sharon L Member Since: Jun 14, 2015
89 of 270

The 60 connects system means that for proposals, the rule is definitely quality over quantity. With every job that I choose to apply for, I expect a positive response from the client who is hiring. If I am looking for more work, I usually submit one proposal a day. I take a little time to research around the job (involving Googling), to see what is required.

Currently, I think 60 connects is more than enough. Especially if there are regular invitations from clients, and also if you pick up a long-term client.

Dhairjo R Member Since: May 5, 2016
90 of 270
how can I get more bid?