cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you budget your connects for the month?

Gaelle M Member Since: Nov 30, 2018
251 of 270

Can the connects be refunded freely monthly?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
252 of 270

Hi Gaelle, 

Please know that connects are returned only when the job is cancelled either by the client or by Upwork team without hire. You can find more information here.

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Horacio C Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
253 of 270

In my experience, so many times, people have a problem with data, let's call it  X, and they think you should solve it by applying Y solution, and they ask to bid on that.

You need to add a button or something that alerts the client to attach the files or at least data sample.

I spend a lot of connects just for this. I need to see the files before I can estimate time and effort.

Is there a way to ask for this I'm not aware of?

PS, one sample: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
254 of 270

Hi Horacio,

Currently, the only way to contact a client is to send a proposal. We appreciate that you are giving us your suggestion on how we can improve the process we currently have. Please be assured that we share this with the team for consideration.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Horacio C Member Since: Dec 17, 2018
255 of 270

It could be a friendly flag we freelancers click and the client can see the count or who clicked.

Or a question Upwork automatically ask before posting, like: Have you attached links, files, data sample, expected results, etc?

Amer K Member Since: Dec 23, 2018
256 of 270

hi

Joseph P Member Since: Jan 4, 2019
257 of 270
Please assist us how to be a connects
Daniela B Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
258 of 270

Hey Joseph

If I am understanding your question correctly you are asking how do you "get" connects? Well if you complete your profile and submit it for upwork to review and they accept you, you will then be given 60 connects for FREE every month, you can also Upgrade to Pro and get 70 connects every month.

Hope this answers your question

Jaweria J Member Since: Nov 14, 2018
259 of 270

Maria D Member Since: Jan 8, 2019
260 of 270
I have used up to 60 connects, I started only last week and so unable to get an offer. I request for additional connects.