cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you budget your connects for the month?

Nancy Edith C Member Since: Dec 5, 2017
261 of 265

Hello everyone, I want to reply since I am a somehow older member and I've got many great jobs, some awesome repeat offers and also small,easy jobs. 

I think 60 connects are enough, I try to apply actively, for this increases my chances to score a job, THOUGH, I make sure to follow some simple guidelines:

1.- I only apply to verified payment clients, unless it's something like a $5 translation but otherwise I prefer to play it safe.

2.- I take my time to read the job ad, to see if I can really do it, on time, properly and to ask as many questions as needed, because some postings are quite vague "I need a translation" ok what kind of document, which format, when is the deadline, etc?

3.- I try to choose 1-3 jobs a day that I really want to apply to,I have seen that just applying to anything is not very effective, I also narrowed my skills to 3.

4.- I wait if there is nothing that catches my eye, I like to browse jobs in the morning and before bed.

5.- But I think this is quite important, I try my best to write a good proposal, I don't read blogs on how to do this or anything like that, I just be myself, straightforward and friendly enough,comment on why am I interested on the job and ask them to take a look at my profile and my tests (good scores there might help hehe) and try to keep the proposal not too long not too short.

This is it, also clear communication is key, I once landed what seemed like a cool job, but I couldn't finish it in the end, I wrote to the client,refunded him and we were all happy.

Have a great day and may succeed! 

Daniela B Member Since: Jan 20, 2019
262 of 265

Hey Maria

I suggest you take more time writing your proposals, the more effort you put in it the more it really shows your dedication and credibility to the client.

I am also new and started exactly 1 month ago, and got my first job last week and have 6 open job invitation candidacies, and I saw an increase in invitations and acceptance once I really put a dedicated effort in the proposals. Read a lot of blogs they posted earlier on how to write an EFFECTIVE proposal!

Best of luck Smiley Wink

Luis S Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
263 of 265

I feel like the 60 connects for the month is enough, i actually used all of them and i still didnt get my first job here, but i think when i get my first job, things will role by itself and will be enough.

its just hard to find the first job!

Suresh B Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
264 of 265
Hello Lena,
Woukd like to upgrade to plus membership
Regds,
Suresh Bhad
India
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
265 of 265

Hi Suresh,

To learn more about the difference between our Basic and Plus membership plans and how to upgrade to Plus plan, please visit this Help Article.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS