cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you budget your connects for the month?

Viktor D Member Since: Sep 6, 2015
41 of 270

At the moment I have 206 available connects.
This is to say that I'm far from using them all and I couldn't possibly use 60 in one month because it takes me 1 hour + to write a good proposal. 

Although I have enough connects, I upgraded to the plus membership just to give a little more back than normal because I'm grateful for the service.

Debashree H Member Since: May 26, 2017
42 of 270

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Upwork. Would you mind giving me some tips on writing a good proposal and what are some key points I should keep in mind while writing one?

Thank you!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
43 of 270

Hi Debashree, welcome to Upwork!

You need to write original and project specific proposals, please find instructions and tips for writing winning proposal hereherehere and here. Please also review these freelancer resources.

Debashree H Member Since: May 26, 2017
44 of 270

Thank you, Vladimir! I have already checked these resources... thank you though! the problem I seem to be facing is that intially, I got plenty of jobs... However, of late, my jobs have been declining slightly and I'm worried that perhaps I'm doing something wrong... hence, my question. 

Mona F Member Since: Jul 30, 2017
45 of 270

present your self in a perfect way

Cheker D Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
46 of 270

Well , it is obvious that 60 connects are NOT enough . I am new here at upwork , I was fighting for 3 or 4 months to get a job . After i got one , i  figured out how to choose the jobs that i will apply to !
For exemple , having 60 connects ( small number ) makes you choose the job that fit your skills and you will choose it carefully ,! 
In my point of view, you should apply to newly posted jobs . 

Dorothea L Member Since: Jan 24, 2017
47 of 270

Please can you explain biding to me and connects please

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
48 of 270

Hi Dorothea,

If you are a freelancer with a Basic Membership Plan, you'll have 60 connects per month. If you have a Plus Membership, the number of connects you get each month is 70, plus you are able to roll over some of your unused connects and purchase additional connects.

When you send your proposal to a job, unless you were invited to apply for this job, you will use connects. Majority of jobs require 2 connects per proposals.

You can find more information about using connects in this help article.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Mark Ronald M Member Since: May 5, 2017
49 of 270

Why does a bid require 2 connects? It's only one bid, right? I need to be more careful. That's about one per day average.

It's a bit like the psychiatrist saying, "it's a 55 minute hour". I'm fishing for a comedy writing job.

I am now here in the Q&A forum because I suddenly ran out of rocket fuel. I clicked "submit" for a job that looked interesting and got the disturbing message "YOU'RE OUT OF CONNECT THINGYS". Oh I was sad.

Another member posted here that she got "30 bonus connects". How can I get some bonus connects? Can I get an emergency connect?

Well, now I'm going to look at the tutorial for new members! Which I am, obviously.

I really do appreciate Upwork. It's a great place to find work. Thanks!

Best wishes to all members!

Mark

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
50 of 270

I mostly respond to invitations, and rarely apply cold. I don't use enough connects to count.