cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Webinar: Building Your Portfolio

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 13

Join us for another Professional Development Webinar, this time hosted by freelancer extraordinaire Danny Margulies, with tips on how you can boost your portfolio in just minutes.

Danny is the creator of Freelance to Win, and has built an ultra-successful freelance business on Upwork. If you’ve missed one of Danny’s other webinars with us, you won’t want to skip this one, they’re a hot ticket. In this live webinar he’ll share tips and best practices on how to use your portfolio to stand out from the competition.

Tips include:

- Simple hacks for creating portfolio items in minutes.

- A portfolio item that's guaranteed to make you stand out, yet it's overlooked by almost everyone.

- Portfolio ideas to help "non-creatives."

The "Easy Ways to Beef Up Your Portfolio" aka "Building Your Portfolio" webinar is scheduled for  
February 22nd, 2017 from 10:00-11:00 am Pacific. Here’s the link to register.  We will be answering your questions in the Q&A portion of the webinar, time permitting. If you have questions you’d like us to keep in mind, post them here.

This webinar is open to anyone, however, attendance is limited and we usually reach capacity after the first few minutes. We hope to see you there!

*** UPDATE: Here is the link to the Building Your Portfolio webinar recording, you are prompted to register with your name and e-mail and will then be taken to the recording. 

Untitled
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
2 of 13

is there any way , We will get video .. because of my timezone, will not be able to join I think 

Community Manager
3 of 13

Hi Everyone,

The webinar is today, happenning in 2 hours at 10am PST.   This webinar has received a lot of interest. Unfortunately, the webinar has a capacity and we were not able to accommodate all who registered, so make sure you join as soon as the webinar is open. If you are unable to attend, we will be posting a recording of the webinar on this thread when it is available later today.

Untitled
Community Guru
Heaven H Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
4 of 13

Why do you allow more registrations than you can accomodate? I made time for this webinar and now I can't join. This is a waste of my time.

Community Manager
5 of 13

Hi Heaven,

I'm sorry you werent able to join. We allow more registrants than attendees because not everyone who registers does attend. We will be posting a recording on this thread later today and if you have any specific questions post them here.

Untitled
Andrew D Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
6 of 13

Just wanted to say - great Webinar!

I'm a student of Danny's course myself (money well spent I must add Smiley Happy ), and although much of the information in the webinar is included in his course, there were a number of other nice little bits of extra information and clarification which were definitely helpful. And besides - any excuse to listen to Danny's lovely voice lol Smiley Tongue

I do have one small question, more for the team at Upwork than Danny himself:

Is there a way when writing proposals to link to a specific portfolio piece that I've uploaded to my profile?

Follow up question if the answer is "no":

Are there any plans to add such a feature in the future?

I know you can attach files etc, but there doesn't seem to be a way that I've found to link to an existing portfolio piece that I've already assembled, and attaching files / writing descriptions etc in a proposal seems like duplucating work I've already done if you see what I mean. It's not a huge deal of course, but it would certainly make life a little easier.

Once again, great Webinar. It's always a pleasure to hear Danny espouge his valuable knowledge. I'd love to hear more of these in the future!

Community Manager
7 of 13

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for attending. I'm glad you found some useful tidbits despite already having insider information from Danny's course. There currently is not a way to link directly to a portfolio item. That being said, this has been shared with our engineers and though nothing is on the roadmap right now we will continue to raise this request with them. 

-Lena

Untitled
Andrew D Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
8 of 13

Hay Lena,

Thanks for the prompt response. I had a feeling that was the case lol. Thanks for raising the idea with the team and I hope to see it make its way into the feature list at some point Smiley Happy

Deborah C Member Since: Apr 23, 2016
9 of 13

I was unable to hook up during the webinar. I look forward to the video later on.

Community Manager
10 of 13

Hi Deborah,

Here is a link to the recording

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS