cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing and branding your freelance business

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 8

Our Freelance Success team recently teamed up with several freelancers on Upwork to put together an E-book about freelancing as a business. One of the topics in the E-book is about building and managing your brand online and offline, and how to focus on your expertise and identify your target market.

Thinking of your freelance business from a marketing perspective, have you attempted to brand yourself? Does your profile focus on one expertise or do you list several areas of experience? How has this worked for you?

When branding yourself online many users utilize social media, like Twitter to post and share their Upwork profiles. However, by using your personal social pages are you cognisant of what you post because potential clients may be peeking at your social history?

Do you use other sites to also advertise your freelance business like Dribble, Behance or a personal blog?

When branding or marketing yourself offline have you used any traditional advertising like business cards, conferences or face-to- face meetings?

Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 8

Lol!

I charge $40 per hour for questions like this - hire me!

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
3 of 8

Nichola posted:

Lol!

I charge $40 per hour for questions like this - hire me!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Great minds," Nichola and ROFL!!!  This was how it sincerely hit me too yesterday when I first read it.  

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 8

Well played Nichola Smiley Happy Have you checked out the E-book yet?

Untitled
Brenda G Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
5 of 8

I think the e-book is a great idea

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Upwork is leaving money on the table in allowing freelancers to bid below the market value.

Thanks for listening.

Brenda

Robert M Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
6 of 8

Thank you for the well-written EBook.  But what are "Propsals"?  

Conrad O Member Since: Apr 19, 2017
7 of 8
Am new to UPWORK and m trying to land a few jobs. How can I get this eBook, perhaps it can be very helpful in landing more jobs.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Conrad,

Feel free to access it by clicking the link in Lena's post.

@Lena E. wrote:
One of the topics in the E-book is about building and managing your brand online and offline, and how to focus on your expertise and identify your target market.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS