cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Aditi J.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
1 of 16

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Aditi J.

Joshi_ Aditi3.jpg

• What job category do you work in?
    Writing (Medical Writer)

• When did you begin using Upwork?

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I am a trained scientist, and I like to work on a variety of projects. I have always wanted to run my own internet-based business. While researching different possibilities, I found the Upwork platform for freelancing. Upwork provided me a variety of tools and resources to get started with working online.

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Aditi?
    I can choose different projects where I can contribute meaningfully. For instance, I write research reports, case studies, and blogs for companies in the healthcare or beauty sector. It's never monotonous! I also enjoy the flexibility associated with a freelance business. Depending on my schedule, which may change each week, I can decide when or where I want to work.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    Last year, during the COVID-19 pandemic, I developed scientific content for a company that supplies personal protective equipment (PPE) and medical supplies to frontline workers. I created product catalogs, blogs, and website content as needed. It kept me busy through the summer, and as the contract continues, it has been a rewarding experience. This project enabled me to be a part of our fight against COVID-19.

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    Upwork has some excellent resources under the freelancing resources tab. I would encourage new freelancers to use those resources often.

• Anything else you want to add? You can also share some fun interesting things about you Smiley Happy
    I am a creative day-dreamer, and I like to set up initiatives for myself that will help me realize some of my dreams. For instance, my current initiative is strategizing how I can grow my content development and medical writing services in the healthcare sector. I am keen to network with professionals—both freelancers and potential clients—to symbiotically grow my business. Meanwhile, I dream of a day when Upwork will provide, besides digital badges, a standing desk, or an ergonomic chair to boost freelancer productivity! ;-)
Untitled
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 16

Congrats Aditi - I particularly like your last sentence! 

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
3 of 16

Congratulations, Aditi.

"Certa bonum certamen"
m_terrazas
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
4 of 16

Congratulations, many!
And I'd settle for an Upwork mug Smiley Wink

sr_vijay
Shri Ram V Member Since: Jun 24, 2020
5 of 16

Congratulation Aditi J. I am inspired by you to contribute little to our Upwork community to help more people with my skills and experience as like you.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
6 of 16

Thumbs up Aditi on that "standing desk, or an ergonomic chair to boost freelancer productivity!" :)

sarowaredru
Sarowar P Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
7 of 16

Congratulations, Aditi.

heloukevin
COFFI KEVIN H Member Since: Feb 22, 2021
8 of 16

Hello,
Me it's Kevin and I just started on Upwork and sincerely your testimony thrills me and gives me hope on this platform.
I would like to ask you how to improve your upwork profile?
Thank you

aditipie
Community Guru
Aditi J Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
9 of 16

Thank you Coffi. There is a separate thread for feedback from experienced freelancers. I am happy to respond when you post your query on that thread. 

david_89
Md. Sharif M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
10 of 16

congratulations aditi,keep going Smiley Happy