🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andre...
Page options
lenaellis
Community Member

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andrea G.

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andrea G.

Andrea.JPG

• What is your first name?
    Andrea

• What job category do you work in?
    Architecture

• When did you begin using Upwork?
    I did 1 job in 2018, but I really started October of last year.

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I was not happy at my office job and had decided to quit anyway when that old client from that one job contacted me because he needed some work done, and I just thought "this is my chance".

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Andrea?
    What I enjoy most is flexibility, I can work whenever I choose and I can take some time to study if I need to. I guess what I enjoy the least is that I don't really know how much I'm gonna make any given month, but then again, I feel like I'm just getting started.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    I guess it would be the Home Design one, I provided full architectural drawings of a home but the successful part is the fact that the client has become my most regular client.

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    I guess just that the best thing you can do is learn how the platform works, know what cards you have and play them as best you can.

• Anything else you want to add? You can also share some fun interesting things about you 🙂
    My most important work tool is a cup of coffee, I know I'm probably not alone (:
Untitled
39 REPLIES 39
florydev
Community Member

The king is dead, long live the queen!  Can't believe you stole my title.

Mark, after so long, I think you should remain as Featured Contributor Emeritus.

Doesn't feel that long, felt really brief to me.  Well the first problem Andrea has is what to do with a diposed monarch.  Personally I am thinking a little revolution is in order. 

You could be regent, I do feel like I am new here after all, lots to learn still.

Andrea G wrote:

You could be regent, I do feel like I am new here after all, lots to learn still.

Andrea G wrote:

I felt the same way and it was/is true for both of us and I never want to stop learning so it's good.  My advice is you will get a lot of PMs and don't feel obligated to answer them.  People are going to think you are an Upwork employee, I tended to start messages back (and I did answer some) with: You know, I am not an employee.

I am going to guess you might also get a few creepy ones that I did not get because I am an old man and you are not.  I want to take this moment to apologize on behalf of all immature boys everywhere.

That last part had not even crossed my mind...
Oh no..😱

Congrats, Andrea! Now go forth and solve everyone's problems. JSS and bad client reviews are all on you!

Just kidding folks. Leave her alone on these topics. She doesn't work for UW and she cannot change your JSS or solve your technical site problems...

**Edited for community guidelines**

I also write it in English, lest a moderator arrive and edit it Smiley Wink

Congratulations Andrea! I hope they don't beat you up too much with PMs. Be strong!

Congratulations, Andrea! Live long and prosper.

What Christine said!

Well done Andrea, 

Wishing you a great freelancing career! 

Congrats and enjoy all the PMs like Mark said lol....

Andrea,

Welcome, congratulations and condolences. I was Mark's predecessor and wouldn't think of mounting a coup to overthrow him; my fear was that it might work, then I'd have another few months in the hot seat.

Your reign will be long, and you will be succeeded by  great-great-grandchild. You will be venerated by freelancers everywhere for geerations to come, and eventually your title, Andrea I, will simply become Andrea, for no one would ever think of naming another.

Congratulations, Andrea! 

"Certa bonum certamen"

Wow, you're so amazing, Andrea! I can't believe how you got such a fantastic career, though freelancing history reaches only half a year.

yes i agree but you remind me of the type that catches on quick i need a person like that on my team.

Andrea G wrote:

You need to watch out for Mark. He fought tooth and nail to become FEATCON, and made a sacred vow to hold on to it forever. He might come across as friendly, but I'm pretty sure he has an evil plan for world domination - oops upwork domination - still in the works. 

Martina P wrote:

Andrea G wrote:

You need to watch out for Mark. He fought tooth and nail to become FEATCON, and made a sacred vow to hold on to it forever. He might come across as friendly, but I'm pretty sure he has an evil plan for world domination - oops upwork domination - still in the works. 

All bow down to the big, green head!

It's about time! LOL

jlee1107
Community Member

Wow, you're so amazing, Andrea! I can't believe how you got such a fantastic career, though freelancing history reaches only half a year. Maybe your community contributor success helps for it?

3cc20153
Community Member

Hi ,

What cards tell me some secrets please.

LOL, I just meant the Upwork tools.

No secrets.

sakib-upwork
Community Member

"how the platform works, know what cards you have and play them as best you can."

- Although enough guidance, please give me some more advice, of course, you are not my work tool, like coffee, like yours, but then I know I'm probably not alone 😄 

Congratulations and Gratitude! 🙂 

uchi47
Community Member

Congrats, Andrea! I hope to be like all of you. More power.Smiley Happy

Dyanne M wrote:

Congrats, Andrea! I hope to be like all of you. More power.Smiley Happy

Be careful what you wish for.  Smiley Wink

mokranos
Community Member

Me too as i am new here.

mokranos
Community Member

Hello Andrea

d606b5c8
Community Member

Hey Andrea, I'm being taken round and round in circles trying to contact customer support about a payment that's been taken from Upwork, out of my account, without my consent.  Can you please point me in the right direction for my query?  Thanks so much,

Hi Claire,

Could you please send me a Pm by clicking on my name, and kindly share more information so I can check this for you. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mtoqeer123
Community Member

Congratulation Andrea G.

Congratulations, Andrea!

mmzza80
Community Member

Congratulation Dear Andrea G

d3bf23e5
Community Member

Hello, Miss Andrea G, I want to ask you that how do I recover my account.

Somebody delete my account or you can say hacked my account and delete it.

Could you please suggest me how can I get back my account

Warm Regards

Bhawna Gusain

Somebody hacked my account and delete it. Please tell me what should I do.

Will get everything back. My projects reviews and money?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
praveen-bose
Community Member

Congratulations Andrea!

cornell_ramonita
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Apparently you show lots of success as a freelancer.  I'm new to it, however, I'm a bit confused as to what plan to subscribe to Upwork/plus or Freelance/plus.

I appreciate your guidance. 

Thank you in advance

Ramonita Cornell

##- Please type your reply above this line -
Sure
nayemmahmud
Community Member

Congratulations, Andrea  Heart!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths