cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andrea G.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 40

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andrea G.

Andrea.JPG

• What is your first name?
    Andrea

• What job category do you work in?
    Architecture

• When did you begin using Upwork?
    I did 1 job in 2018, but I really started October of last year.

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I was not happy at my office job and had decided to quit anyway when that old client from that one job contacted me because he needed some work done, and I just thought "this is my chance".

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Andrea?
    What I enjoy most is flexibility, I can work whenever I choose and I can take some time to study if I need to. I guess what I enjoy the least is that I don't really know how much I'm gonna make any given month, but then again, I feel like I'm just getting started.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    I guess it would be the Home Design one, I provided full architectural drawings of a home but the successful part is the fact that the client has become my most regular client.

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    I guess just that the best thing you can do is learn how the platform works, know what cards you have and play them as best you can.

• Anything else you want to add? You can also share some fun interesting things about you Smiley Happy
    My most important work tool is a cup of coffee, I know I'm probably not alone (:
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
2 of 40

The king is dead, long live the queen!  Can't believe you stole my title.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 40

Mark, after so long, I think you should remain as Featured Contributor Emeritus.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 40

Doesn't feel that long, felt really brief to me.  Well the first problem Andrea has is what to do with a diposed monarch.  Personally I am thinking a little revolution is in order. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Andrea G Member Since: Mar 2, 2020
5 of 40

You could be regent, I do feel like I am new here after all, lots to learn still.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 40

Andrea G wrote:

You could be regent, I do feel like I am new here after all, lots to learn still.

Andrea G wrote:

I felt the same way and it was/is true for both of us and I never want to stop learning so it's good.  My advice is you will get a lot of PMs and don't feel obligated to answer them.  People are going to think you are an Upwork employee, I tended to start messages back (and I did answer some) with: You know, I am not an employee.

I am going to guess you might also get a few creepy ones that I did not get because I am an old man and you are not.  I want to take this moment to apologize on behalf of all immature boys everywhere.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Andrea G Member Since: Mar 2, 2020
7 of 40
That last part had not even crossed my mind...
Oh no..😱
Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
8 of 40

Congrats, Andrea! Now go forth and solve everyone's problems. JSS and bad client reviews are all on you!

Just kidding folks. Leave her alone on these topics. She doesn't work for UW and she cannot change your JSS or solve your technical site problems...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
9 of 40

**Edited for community guidelines**

I also write it in English, lest a moderator arrive and edit it Smiley Wink

Congratulations Andrea! I hope they don't beat you up too much with PMs. Be strong!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
10 of 40

Congratulations, Andrea! Live long and prosper.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS