🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andre...
Page options
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andrei T.

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Andrei T.

Andrei3.jpg

• What job category do you work in?
    Software development

• When did you begin using Upwork?

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I like knowing how things work so I always welcome the challenge of getting involved in all the interesting parts of a project, especially when that entails acquiring new skills or improving on what I already have. My transition to freelancing was a seamless experience: I had been part of distributed teams during most of my previous activity. This I believe was a significant advantage, allowing me to focus more on results and less on the process itself. It also proved useful when dealing with clients who were less experienced in using remote resources.

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Andrei?
    Working online provides more freedom in many ways, but it brings more responsibility, too. It requires one to focus not just on the services provided, but on the whole process from acquiring clients to maintaining a durable and trusting relationship with them. I personally find this not just interesting but useful in keeping my skills updated and in having a wider and more accurate view on the industry as a whole.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    Every project brings unique opportunities to learn and grow. I believe that after (and during) each project, it's important to assess how much we learned and how efficiently the client's requirements were met. I always aim to have a positive answer to each of these questions.

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    It's useful to focus on delivering value, rather than simply solving an issue. Asking questions and performing careful analysis can turn a short task into a wider and longer collaboration.

• Anything else you want to add? You can also share some fun interesting things about you Smiley Happy
    I like jogging, biking and hiking. I also enjoy traveling, but I'm really more into the driving/flying part of the trip than visiting the destination itself. So, short stays & multi-destination are my thing, I guess.
~ Vladimir
Upwork
1 REPLY 1
resultsassoc
Community Member

Welcome to the Throne of Honour. May your reign be long and prosperous.

You will receive many messages from freelancers, and a few from clients, who believe you are an Upwork employee and have all the magical powers and secret knowledge attendant thereto. I tried to answer them if only by forwarding them via PM to moderators. I found the moderators to be very helpful and willing to work with all individuals.

Your immediiate predecessor,

Bill H

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths